Diphlleia cymosa (Umbrella Leaf

gamekeeperDecember 16, 2009

Can someone tell me where I can purchase this plant?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
donrawson(Z 5)

Available from Heronswood Nursery.

Bookmark   December 20, 2009 at 5:21PM
brandon7 TN_zone(7)

You might have better luck with the correct spelling. I believe it should be Diphylleia cymosa.

Seneca Hill Perennials (excellent GW rating), Mason Hollow Nursery (excellent but somewhat limited GW rating), and Venero Gardens and Nursery (excellent but very limited GW rating) are examples of other potential sources. BTW, always check your potential sources out on Garden Watchdog. Heronswood Nursery's rating is not great!

Bookmark   December 21, 2009 at 9:34AM
maifleur01

I noticed that Heronswood is now Burpee which is a great don't go there signal. Which is sad because they have lots of plants that call to me.

Bookmark   December 21, 2009 at 9:08PM
foolyap(z5 MA)

I bought it from Gardens of the Blue Ridge ( http://www.gardensoftheblueridge.com ). I've had pretty good luck with them; their plants are fairly priced for the size you get.

--Steve

Bookmark   December 24, 2009 at 7:21AM
ncrescue

Gardens of the Blue Ridge is the oldest wildflower nursery in continual operation. In the "olden days," they DID dig from the wild, as did everyone else, including many persons who are now listed as icons of plant conservation.

Currently they propagate their own plants and are very responsible stewards of the environment. The people who own and work there are wonderful. I don't order by mail but go by several times a year when I have new "wants." I recommend them.

Bookmark   December 24, 2009 at 9:19AM
foolyap(z5 MA)

Gardens of the Blue Ridge is the oldest wildflower nursery in continual operation.

Huh, I didn't realize that. Interesting.

They do have a very nice selection, and I've ordered several times. They pack their boxes well. Some plants I've received have been on the small side, but like I said, their prices are very fair so I'm not disappointed.

--Steve

Bookmark   December 24, 2009 at 9:37PM
More Discussions
Jack in the Pulpit Propagation
A youth group cleaned my garden and clipped three JITP...
Elgie
mountain laurel (kalmia latifolia)
I have a shrub in my backyard and have determined it...
kypawpaw
seeds for woodlands
what kind of seed can i just throw out in woods that...
skippy_5
Poison-free woodland plants
I am planning a small shade garden in the back side...
mary420
Nut identification
A women on my postal route has a tree that I thought...
jreist
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™