New Hydroseed

mnk716(6 CT)June 22, 2006

Hi,

I am building a new home on zone 6 CT. it will be completed by 7/31. i have elected to hydroseed the lawn as it is more cost effective than sod. I will have a 9 zone sprinkler system installed.

My question is hydroseed a good way to seed?

What should I do about fertilizer? Should i wait until the fall or use a summer fertilizer?

thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
yarddoctor

Dear MNK,

Thank you very much for your inquiry. Hydroseed is a fine way to establish your lawn. Because you will be putting down the seed in August, you should put down a starter fertilizer that has a 1-2-1 ratio of N-P2O5-K2O. Put this down before your put down the hyrdroseed.

An alternative to hyrdoseeding which I like better involves more work, but it is a more fool proof method. Put the fertilizer down, and then the seed with a drill seeder in two directions. Then cover the seed with the hydromulch (that what it is at this point). Now you know you have good seed to soil contact and you have good coverage.

Again, thanks for the question and let me know if you have more.

Respectfully

Trey Rogers
The Yard Doctor

Bookmark   June 23, 2006 at 6:35AM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rsray78_hotmail_com

I have built a house and had somebody come over and hydroseed my house and I would like to get into the business, can you send me a guide on how to hydroseed? I am located in Robinson, Texas.

Bookmark   June 30, 2006 at 7:23AM
More Discussions
Possible plant disease?
Hi, Leaves on one of my new hedges have a white powder...
Dean Maunder
Grubs.........Milky Spore question...
I have watched my lawn go downhill for the past several...
snc299
Mostly Weeds
I have a section of lawn newly seeded last fall. Grass...
bobbobnj
Lawn Problem-Brown/dead? Spots
Hi, this is my first post so let me know if there is...
billy3w3
Zoysia and Weed killer
My sister-in-law told me that if you put fertilizer...
colleenny
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™