Gem of a garden in Arlington

bedford8a(8a)August 8, 2012

I found a beautiful pocket garden in Arlington yesterday. I always pass the Fielder House on Abram and Fielder on my way to work, but actually stopped by yesterday. They have a great butterfly garden that is lush and still in bloom despite the 100+ degree temperatures we've been having lately. It's a great mix of nectar and host plants, although I didn't see any caterpillars. Turk's Cap dominated, but the tropical milkweed, phlox and Obedient Plant were also blooming. I saw about 1/2 dozen butterflies there while I visited. I definitely recommend visiting it - the flowers and green, lush plants were easy on the eyes!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cynthianovak

thank you! I've never stopped either. That will change. Were you able to get out and walk around, or just look from the car?

I thought about pulling out zinnias in my hades strip. Lower leaves crispy, but still a number of flowers. Then I noticed how many butterflies were enjoying them. Just didn't have the heart. If crabby neighbor turns me into code again this summer, I guess I'll have to pull them out, but for now let the nectar keep going.
c

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 3:06PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ocgf(Z8)

It's always nice to take a peek at somebody else's garden.

Omar

Bookmark   August 8, 2012 at 7:31PM
More Discussions
San Antonio Texas Garden Swap - Free
San Antonio Texas Garden Swap Join us on facebook for...
Gaia's Sacred Seeds
Is your Satsuma loaded this year?
Mine isn't, but there's one pictured on the Texas gallery...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Need layout help!
Please advise on what plant! Im disgusted with my front...
snackattacker
Would you share your exerience with Cestrums?
Although I have grown night blooming jessamine (Cestrum...
jardineratx
Plant Quiz: What are these?
Here's a quiz. I pulled these seeds from a plant in...
Christopher (Dallas Garden) Miller
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™