Email

chefconnie(5)November 29, 2012

Hello, I am new here and I don't seem to get emails sent to me?? I have checked the box that says others members can email me. I have sent myself emails from my page and it works, but two swaps I have been involved with I have had trouble with both getting the email from the host.

Any thoughts?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jaynine

Check your spam folder. If your missing email's not there, use the 'Contact Us' option at the bottom of the screen (in the green bar) and explain your situation to the Gardenweb techies. Good luck.

This post was edited by jaynine on Thu, Nov 29, 12 at 22:54

Bookmark   November 29, 2012 at 10:53PM
chefconnie(5)

Thanks for the reply. They are not in my spam folder and I emailed the techies and haven't heard back from them?

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 7:09AM
chefconnie(5)

Thanks for the reply. They are not in my spam folder and I emailed the techies and haven't heard back from them?

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 7:10AM
katkni(4)

Rather than sending an email through GW, trying copying and pasting the email address, creating an message in your email account.

Another thing to check is sort your spam/junk mail by oldest to newest. A lot of the time, the GW emails have a blank date, or a 2001 date, so they go directly to the bottom of the list.

That's just a couple of things I've done when I have problems with messaging through gw.

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 8:04AM
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana(zone 5/6)

I noticed that you posted late last night that you had not gotten the Secret Santa Swap email. The host, flwrs4ever, said that one email was returned, so that meant she wasn't using the GW email system. I imagine you will hear from her soon.

I see the other problem was with the Annual Theme Garden Swap 2012. (Nov 22) and you didn't have your email showing to 'everyone'. It's hard to say now what might have happened to that email, especially not knowing if it was sent via the GW system or if it went directly from an email program.

Going forward, if there happens to be any problems, try and find out how the email was sent, ie via GW or otherwise.

Happy swapping!

chemocurl...aka Sue...rbb

This post was edited by chemocurl on Fri, Nov 30, 12 at 9:34

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 8:46AM
chefconnie(5)

Thanks everyone, I did finally get the SSS email. I Have completely cleaned out my email so hopefully it will be resolved. Merry Christmas!!

Bookmark   November 30, 2012 at 8:44PM
More Discussions
Garden Web messaging is back without having to follow one another!
Below I'm copying phylis's post from The Seed Exchange. Go...
Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
NEW: My Love Is Like A Valentine's Day Seed Swap
We all survived Christmas, but now it's time to get...
EricaBraun
The story none of us were told.
~~~ THE STORY NONE OF US WERE TOLD! ~~~ This was posted...
kchd
Good news! Trade lists are back!
If you check a member's profile page, you will see...
Tamara
OBF Swap Hosting list for 2015
(copied over from brittneysgran/Shirley's post) Please...
ruthz
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™