Looking for a TREE

marcie_new(z8)September 20, 2013

Hi there once again I am trying to find seeds for a tree called Coral Tree, chrystal gali, crybaby,firemans cap; does anyone have seeds to trade or a seedling Pretty please, I have seeds for coral tree but its more of a bush and the flowers are closed same vibrant color as the coral tree I also have some other seeds to trade one is a Moringa tree, another cabalash tree seed I can come up with other seeds , please let me know Thanks for reading Marcie

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Xtal(z8b Temple. TX)

HI Marcie,

While I don't have any seeds from the Erythrina crista-galli tree that you are referring to, I've seen one at the San Antonio Arboretum. It must be a sexed tree because this one only had no seeds. I ordered one when I got back home, but apparently San Antonio had the borderline weather allowed because mine didn't survive the cold here in Temple. BTW, where do you live?

I've got the bush variety and yes, it is beautiful! It doesn't produce seeds either. And, it doesn't compare to seeing the majesty of a tree under fire engine red blooms. Good luck in finding seeds.

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 10:19AM
Xtal(z8b Temple. TX)

Marcie,

If you live near Galveston's Moody Gardens, you might try looking for seeds under tree.

Xtal

Bookmark   September 22, 2013 at 10:22AM
marcie_new(z8)

Thank you for answering, I now have 2 fresh seeds I found the tree growing in La Grange 18 miles from me, I also have the bush variety and mine does produce seeds every year if you like some I can send you seeds for the bsuh type, thanks for the info if I ever go to Galveston I will be taking a quick glance to see if there is any on the ground-wink wink- Marcie

Bookmark   January 4, 2014 at 10:10PM
patty_cakes

Now you have me wondering if this is the same Coral Tree I had in the yard back in San Diego, Ca. It had huge coral flowers, but I don't remember seeds or didn't notice. A gorgeous tree! If so, do you think it would survive in Austin?

Bookmark   January 6, 2014 at 3:01PM
More Discussions
An awesome surprise!
We had made a giant tee pee in the atrium to cover...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
Need weed resistant ground cover
Nutsedge is killing me.
judgebes
Need idea for replacing evergreen shrub in shade
I pulled out a pittosporum that was in a shady spot...
denisew
Do you have plant markers?
Since words and names don't come as easily to my mind...
marti8a
Seed Starting / Mini Greenhouses
I have been saving the clear plastic containers that...
Gretchen Wood
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™