Seed Purge 2012/2013...Hop Aboard!
Welcome to the Seed Purge 2012/2013! This is posted on Idig & Dave's Garden, as well (I'm legallyheidi on both)...
Have the ability to send seeds in by the deadline (January 4, 2013)
Check on the thread at least a once per week
Let me know in this thread that you would like to participate & I will message my address to you. THE PURGE IS OPEN TO US AND CANADA.
1. You can send in up to 50 seed packs. If you are sending in extra seeds as a bonus please mark them clearly as a bonus. If you send in 50 packages, you will get 50 packages back. If you send in 5 packages you will get 5 back. Bonuses will be divided between everyone, so you should end up with more than you send in. There is a maximum of 2 packages of each variety per person. Variety meaning "Dixie Butterpea", not legumes in general You can send veggies, flowers, and herbs.
As a rule, seed packets should *try* and contain the following:
Small seeds: at least 10
Larger seeds: at least 20
(I totally understand if it's something rare and you have 7-8...however, putting in 2-3 seeds of anything is not acceptable)
2. Please send NAMED VARIETIES of seed. Please mark the seed package with the type of seed (annual, biennial or perennial flower). PLEASE DO NOT SEND KNOWN HYBRIDS. Basically put as much info as you can on the packet. Or if possible, send seeds in the original packet. If there is anything that is unsure of, just ask! Do not include mixes or mystery seeds. It isn`t fair to send mystery seed to people who followed the instructions & sent in named varieties. Mystery varieties will be sent back to you.
When you grow out the seeds that you receive please try not to be upset if an occasional plant is not true. However, please don`t send in seed that you know is crossed & will not grow true.
Please do not include seeds that are older than 2009.
3. Please include a list of the seeds that you are sending in (or message me with the list). Also include a wish list or preferences and if there are any seeds you do not want to receive. I will try my best to accommodate your wish list, but there are no guarantees. The returned seeds will be completely dependent on what is sent in. The easiest wishlists to fill include some specifics (Malachite Box Tomato), but also some general wishes (Green-when-ripe tomatoes). Don't be shy. It is easier, if your wishlist has 200 things on it. If you wish to message me your wishlist, please feel free, and if you�d like, post it (or some of it) on the thread. If you have something on your wishlist & get it from another source, change your mind, or find something that you wish to add to your list, just let me know. It is no trouble to change the lists until the day that I send them out�then you�re kinda stuck.
Please include both your real name and your screen name � so I know who has sent in their seeds!
WHAT TO SEND:
Inside your bubble wrap envelope you should have:
1. Whatever seed you are contributing to the swap
2. 5 Stamps
3. Your address.
4. A wish list or list of preferences or do not want list
5. Include your name & Screen name
If all seeds arrive by 01/04, I aim to have them back in the mail by 01/07 (a Monday).
(Between Idig & DG I have 7 participants so far...I'd love alot more!)