So how poisonous is lantana really?
I'm just wondering. We recently moved to a house with a really lovely lantana in the front yard. It's probably the only plant in the front yard that I like, and I would love to keep it, but I have three small boys who are, well, unpredictable. I'd love to say I should train them right and they should know not to eat random plants and all, and I know there are a million poisonous plants out there... This one seems to have pretty varying reports on its toxicity, though, from "skin irritant" to "fatal if ingested". Anyone know? Lantanas are pretty, but a dime a dozen here - I'm leaning towards taking it out.