LOVE my irrigation system!!

ogrose_txSeptember 4, 2012

I didn't want it, thought it was unnecessary, but both my husband and son insisted I needed it, so...I gave in.

Got to say my yard has never looked better, some of the roses bloomed all summer, and the growth of everything has been phenonemal! We are water restricted to twice a week, AND my water bill has been not very much higher than what I normally pay this time of year.

Until we just can't water anymore, I plan to enjoy!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
jardineratx

We had a sprinkler system put in 18 months ago and I love it! We have 11 zones so controlling the watering schedule is really easy, although I know that more water is wasted using the sprinklers than soakers, drip, or hand watering. However, with almost an acre to water, this has been wonderful for me.
Molly

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 8:56AM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Same here, Sheryll ..............my irrigation systen is old, but still does it's job, and I love the way it makes things look with much less work.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 8:57AM
ogrose_tx

I just planted this new bed last Fall, and it has grown quite a bit just this summer; so much better than if I had watered with sprinklers for the last 40 years!

Bookmark   September 7, 2012 at 11:45PM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Sheryll, how beautiful.............wow, your back yard looks so different. Good job !!!

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 9:25AM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

I love your yard! Would love to see more photos of it. I'm glad the sprinkler system is working out well for you. We have one that came with the house, but most of the emmiters put out such a fine spray that about half of the water evaporates before it hits the ground so we don't use it except when we go on vacation.

Bookmark   September 8, 2012 at 10:50AM
More Discussions
Favorite plants?
As a relatively new Texas gardener, I'm curious: what's...
intxfromoregon
HAVE: Ft Worth Spring Swap Trinity Park April 18
Okay, I know it's still January. technically. But the...
sylviatexas1
That time again....Texas Forum Roll Call!!!!
I've really enjoyed meeting a lot of new people on...
remuda1
Big orange tree in fruit ...
I don't know why I've never seen it before, but there...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
info about gardening in Dallas?
My daughter just bought a house and has asked for help...
teacup754
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™