What I learned this year
1. Might Mato not so mighty - regular plants even from seed did much better. Why? Dunno.
2. Beautiful, thriving "volunteer" cherry tomato tasted terrible. All future surprise plants get whacked.
3. Put "DO NOT WATER" signs on the tomatoes so that the in-laws don't start a crack-fest, BER, etc.
4. Spinosad deals with those giant caterpillars quite well.
5. More distance between plants and more support is needed
6. Brandywine doesn't work for me for whatever reason.
7. Next year put in drip irrigation.
8. Straw to cover dirt would have been a good idea.
9. Tomato-tone helped make some healthy plants.
- This has been frustrating, but fun!