Any experience with Pam's pink honeysuckle?

roselee z8b S.W. TexasOctober 27, 2012

Pam's pink honeysuckle is being considered for the tower that now has a climbing rose. Anybody have any experience with growing it?

The site below said it's been promoted as a Texas Superstar plant, but I just looked at their list and didn't see it. I didn't see any vines at all on Texas Superstar list which is surprising.

Here is a link that might be useful: Pam's pink honeysuckle ...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
PKponder TX(7b)

No real experience with this one but my Google search turned it up on the Aggie Horticulture site as a Texas Superstar.

It sounds lovely!

Here is a link that might be useful: Pam's Pink Honeysuckle

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 7:37PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Thanks for finding it Pam. I searched again for "Texas Superstar Vines" and found their vines, but it wasn't on the list. Maybe it was an old list before they had it on there.

I'm a little afraid it might be too vigorous. Trying to decide between it and the native coral honeysuckle. But you should have it since it bears your name :-)

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 10:11PM
Lynn Marie

Oh MY! Looks beautiful! It doesn't sound too invasive to me from the description. It is semi-evergreen, so the cold winters will probably slow it down. Plus it only gets about 5-6 feet tall. I may have to find another empty spot on a fence for one of these!

Bookmark   October 27, 2012 at 11:27PM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

It does sound nice, but I bought a 'white and cream honeysuckle' today at the SABG plant sale. There was no botanical name but the volunteers said it was very fragrant, but not invasive like the Japanese honeysuckle, so I think I'll just go with it and skip the Pam's pink unless somebody comes up with rave reports.

Bookmark   October 28, 2012 at 8:11PM
More Discussions
Need layout help!
Please advise on what plant! Im disgusted with my front...
snackattacker
An awesome surprise!
We had made a giant tee pee in the atrium to cover...
ravencajun Zone 8b TX
WANTED: San Antonio Plant Swap
Mark your calendars: Sat., April 18, 9 am, Rogiers...
loispi
Would you share your exerience with Cestrums?
Although I have grown night blooming jessamine (Cestrum...
jardineratx
Everybody Ready for the Deep Freeze?
I *almost* am. watered the potted plants & put...
sylviatexas2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™