Nursery

RhapsodyofBohemiaDecember 9, 2012

Hello Dallas Gardeners, I am very new to this forum as well as gardening. We bought new home very recently and now we are thinking of gardening. Can you suggest good nursery to buy Italian Cypress, Juniper, japanese maple and so on and soil also. I also like to buy some plants that will cover the soil. FYI, we are new to gardening and I don't have a green thumb. please help me giving good suggestions.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
plantloverkat zone 9a north Houston(zone 9a)

It has been over 10 years since I lived in Dallas, but two of my favorites back then were Rohde's Nursery in Garland and North Haven Gardens in Dallas.

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 9:48AM
phoenix7801

Dirtdoctor.com by Howard Garrett is a good place to start. Ask alot of questions. The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 12:57PM
tx_ag_95(7/8 Lewisville)

I second Northaven Gardens, they're on Northaven Road a little bit west of 75, the street's just south of Forest. It's a bit tricky to find, it's just next door to the Jewish
Community Center of Dallas, but they're both in the middle of a neighborhood. They're very helpful and knowledgeable.

Calloway's is also a good choice and they have more locations.

Now is the best time to get the trees and shrubs planted, it gives them a head start on growing roots before the summer heat gets here.

Bookmark   December 9, 2012 at 5:41PM
More Discussions
Pears for North Texas
I would like to plant a Pear tree that has sweet crisp...
ruthz
Need help with a Houston full-sun bed
Hi there! I have a full-sun bed with miscanthus in...
olivesoil
Seed Starting / Mini Greenhouses
I have been saving the clear plastic containers that...
Gretchen Wood
Changes
This is really different.
loispi
"Takes pruning--blooms on new growth"
What does this mean exactly? This is what my Plants...
violetwest
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™