OT: Anyone from Lubbock?

eloise_caDecember 30, 2013

Also posted under the Conversations folder.

This is totally off topic, i.e., gardening, but in the past GW sites have helped.

My gd will be going to TX Tech for grad school in May. Which direction from TX Tech would be a safe environment to look for housing, N, E, S or W? This is her first time being away from home and we will miss her terribly. Thanks for any info.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

I was hoping someone would be able to help this nice lady. Where is JD when we need him? Sure miss him as he would have been able to answer this for her.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 10:56AM
eloise_ca

Thanks for the support Carrie. Guess most people are getting ready to bring in the New Year. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 2:38PM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Thanks, and the same to you, Eloise.

Bookmark   December 31, 2013 at 4:05PM
kpetriche

Hi Eloise,

I lived in Lubbock for the last 7 years and only slightly relocated (100mi away) this summer for a work opportunity. I also went to school at Tech.

I'd suggest your gd stay away from the east side of Lubbock. Anything east of Ave Q is a definite NO. Most places east of University Ave I would suggest she avoid, too, unless they are strictly student apartments. The large student apartments located directly east of the actual TTU campus are pretty safe. The neighborhoods a little further south of those apts are less safe. There is a thread on the City Data forum that is less than a year old that should be pretty helpful. There is a map on the 2nd page of that discussion which does a pretty great job showing which side of town is more desirable and safe.

I hope that helps. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask. I loved living in Lubbock and would move back in a heartbeat.

Also, LubbockApartments.com is a good resource if looking to rent an apartment. Lots of information in one place. Best of luck to her!

Here is a link that might be useful: City Data Lubbock Discussion

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 3:59PM
eloise_ca

Thanks so much for all the info including the link! My gd is in contact with the people who manage the Windsor Creek apartments. I understand these to be southwest from TTU.

Bookmark   January 14, 2014 at 8:57PM
More Discussions
Isn't milkweed a perennial?
I started several plants last summer from seed and...
random_harvest
Iris Bloom on a Sunday!
This is another bloom that graced my morning walk....
pinkkpearls
Native Plant Suggestions
This both a gardening and a social issue. I have a...
Redthistle
Pairing flowering plants for new bed zone9a
I am turning this 13x5 space into a flower bed and...
johnfam
rabbit fence
We live in houston and looking at getting a rabbit...
sumanamine
Sponsored Products
Ultra Sofa
| Italy Design
Dimond Avalon Table Lamp D2162 - D2162
$250.00 | Hayneedle
Blue & Gray Allutto Hand-Tufted Wool Rug
$149.99 | zulily
Safavieh Handmade Cambridge Moroccan Lavander Wool Rug with Cotton Canvas Backin
Overstock.com
10x/1x Surround Swivel Wall Mount Mirror
Lightology
Mrs. Powers Garden Gate
$950.00 | Horchow
Konitz 'Vivaldi Libretto' Coffee Mugs (Set of 2)
Overstock.com
Wave Shade Satin Nickel Three-Light Wall Sconce with Off-White Shade
$640.00 | Bellacor
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™