Anyone familiar with Lynn's Legacy (Tx Sage)

Xtal(z8b Temple. TX)December 12, 2012

After reading up on this variety, I'm wondering if anyone has ever actually seen this variety of Tx Sage in bloom? Another name is "Everblooming" Tx Sage. So, I'm wondering just how everblooming it is.

Is it that impressive considering the other varieties of Texas Sage (Ceniza)? I'm just wondering how aggressive I need to be to about locating and planting it.

Thanks for whatever feedback you can offer.
Xtal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

I haven't grown it myself, but I saw it growing at the San Antonio location of Antique Rose Emporium (which is no more). It was so unusual in the way it bloomed all along the branches in large clusters of flowers that from a distance I didn't recognize it as a Ceniza. Of course I don't know often it puts on that show, but if I were buying a Ceniza that's the one I'd look for. I hope someone who has grown it will answer the frequent blooming question. I'll be checking out the S. A. nurseries this spring to see who carries it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lynn's Legacy Texas Super Star ...

Bookmark   December 15, 2012 at 9:11AM
Xtal(z8b Temple. TX)

Roselee,
Does this look like what you've seen? I'm hoping to hear more about this plant from others who might be growing it. It's apparently one that is hard to locate.

Xtal

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 8:27AM
roselee z8b S.W. Texas

Xtal, I'm not sure. What I noticed was the clusters of flowers all along the branches. If you Google images of Lynn's Legacy you'll see what I mean.

Here is a link that might be useful: I hope the picture intended comes up ...

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 11:24AM
carrie751(z7/8 TX)

Christina's in Frisco will have these in stock in mid March............3 gallon containers for about $25. Haven't looked elsewhere as this is pretty close to me.

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 1:57PM
rock_oak_deer(8b TX)

These are also carried at Medina Garden Nursery in Medina which is between Bandera and San Antonio. Not exactly convenient but worth it if you love native plants.

Bookmark   December 17, 2012 at 3:24PM
Lynn Marie

While I don't normally care for the look of Texas Sages, I like this one AND it has my name! If I ever run across one, I'll definitely find a place for it. Thanks for the education.

Bookmark   December 20, 2012 at 8:44AM
linda_tx8(8)

I go to Medina Garden Nursery one or two times a year. The owner that is usually there is a true native plant lover! I'll have to look for that one!

Bookmark   December 30, 2012 at 11:59AM
shopshops

I saw these at my local Lowe's this past Spring. They are also on my wish list. I don't think many people know about this, not planted frequently in the Joshua/Burleson/Ft Wt area. Ask Lowe's or a smaller plant nursery if they will carry it this Spring for you.

Bookmark   January 1, 2013 at 12:11PM
More Discussions
Lady Banks on roof
Lady Banks, Old Blush, and Mermaid (not yet blooming)...
catheyz8rr
Is your Satsuma loaded this year?
Mine isn't, but there's one pictured on the Texas gallery...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Carrie's Snow Pictures from this Morning ...
Carrie lives a little north of Dallas. She says "And...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Can you ID this bird?
These pictures are from Carrie. Can you ID this bird? Thank...
roselee z8b S.W. Texas
Do you use sprinkler, sprinkler system or soaker hoses?
I used to have a sprinkler system around my foundation...
marti8a
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™