Red Robin , when do I need to bring them inside?

wertach zone 7-B SCOctober 18, 2011

I'm trying Red Robins for a winter toms experiment. It is still 70's + during the day, sometimes dipping in to the high 40's at night.

They are about 6" tall now. Very healthy.

Would I be better off bringing them inside at night when it is going to be below 50? If I do bring them in at night I would have to put them back out at 6 AM when I leave for work, still cold, or leave them inside and they don't get the much needed direct sun.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dickiefickle(5B Dousman,Wi.)

They will grow slowly below 55 or so .If the frost hits them they are done for. Can you put them inside by a sunny window ? I have some Tiny Tim's in the window doing nicely.

Bookmark   October 18, 2011 at 10:55PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
wertach zone 7-B SC

Well, the weather Lady solved it yesterday morning. She predicted 30's for last night, so I moved them inside. It got down to 35.

I put them in my Dads old house, in the sunniest room for now. It stays above 50 and gets morning to midday sun. I am remodeling it and sweet thing liked that idea better than putting them in our kitchen.:) I won't have much sun in my sunniest room, the kitchen, until the leaves fall off of my oak trees.

Bookmark   October 21, 2011 at 12:38PM
More Discussions
Even when you do everything right
Started an entire flat of various tomato seeds: sterilized...
grow_life
Fourth of July ....
Fourth of July is my favorite day. How about a tomato...
Seysonn_ 7b-WA/HZ1
The Kumato Tomato Thread
There is a litany of information across this forum...
smithmal
Ideas for paste varieties
I plan grow san marzano.; but need to think about a...
gridgardener
Is any one growing Delicious?
Is any one growing Delicious?
gridgardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™