Rare Seed Offer

nordfyr315(5)October 9, 2011

Hello all,

Just thought I would share some seeds from two southwest Asian varieties.

9893, a strangely named Iraqi cultivar. A strong, vigorous and productive plant that produces large, deeply lobed, red fruit with a lot of gel and seeds. Taste is good but not spectacular in my opinion. I tend to favor a more fleshy tomato but someone else may greatly enjoy. Early producer.

Pomadoni: from Afghanistan. The one plant I had seemed to dislike the wet weather we had (yet again) in upstate NY this summer. Not surprising given its origin. Still, it produced a modestly sized, delicious and balanced fruit. Not especially productive but then again I got this plant in the ground late and pinched a lot of buds so that I could get a few fruit before frost. Early producer like 9893.

The deal: I have about 15 extra seeds from each variety so I will send 5 seeds to the first three people who respond in this thread asking for one or the other but not both seeds. I would like to extend this offer to as many people as possible so I am only offering one pack per taker. I would prefer to send to others who in turn save and freely share seeds with others but what you do with the seeds is up to you.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pondgardener

I wouldn't mind a few seeds of the Pomadoni. This year we had such a dry summer it might do well in Southern Colorado. Let me know what I need to do to get in touch with you and if I can share anything with you. Thanks.

Bookmark   October 9, 2011 at 4:17PM
nordfyr315(5)

Just email me here. Let me know what address you would like me to send the seeds to and I will get them in the mail as soon as they finish drying. Should be within the week.

Bookmark   October 9, 2011 at 9:53PM
dickiefickle(5B Dousman,Wi.)

I will pass on the deal since you are only sharing 15 of each, maybe next year they'll be more

Bookmark   October 10, 2011 at 12:17AM
kentishman

Thanks for making this generous offer. I'd like to try growing Pomadoni here in SC.

Tom

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 2:08PM
suncitylinda

If you still have some Pomadoni I would like to have them. Thanks, LInda

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 4:09PM
vgary(z6KY)

nordfyr315's, If you still have one or both of these tomato varieties, I would love growing it and sharing it with others next season. Thank you for your kind offer!
VGary

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 7:54PM
nordfyr315(5)

I am glad there is interest in these seeds. If you have not already done so, please send the address where you would like me to send the seeds to my email.

Bookmark   October 11, 2011 at 9:22PM
nordfyr315(5)

Thanks to everyone who showed interest. I got quite a few direct-to-email inquiries and fulfilled as many requests as I could. I am now out of extra seeds but I expect to do the same thing next year except with more varieities.

Bookmark   October 18, 2011 at 2:33PM
springlift34

Thank you Nordfyr315. You da man. I look foward to growing the hell out of them seeds. I am going to make those seeds my itch. I am going to use them there seeds. Once I am done with those seeds, each one of them will need professional therapy.

I am going to punch those seeds in the face,with sandy loam,and good,dry manure. Maybe I am going too far?

Seriously though, thank you.

Take care,
Travis

Bookmark   October 19, 2011 at 4:51PM
suncitylinda

Thanks - got my seeds today! Will save seeds for next year also. Linda

Bookmark   October 20, 2011 at 3:50PM
More Discussions
Which tomato would you grow?
Out of the seeds I have, which would you grow two of?...
shijitake
Better Boy or Brandy Boy?
I have Better Boy seeds and considering Brandy Boy....
shijitake
Better than a ziplock bag
Credit: Durgan from Brantford came up with the idea. Pop...
BriAnDaren Ottawa, On Zone 5
What are you growing for 2015?
Hi all! I'm a fairly new gardener (this will be my...
sarcastichousewife
Tomatoes from my trip to Sicily
I went back this summer to my birthplace, Sicily and...
sicilianu
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™