What is the hardiest tomato that you have grown?

woodcutter2008October 28, 2011

For me it is Juliet -- the "sort of" paste/grape tomato. It grows the longest, and is the most (foliage) disease resistant tomato that I've grown, year after year. Certainly not the best tasting, but versatile and dependable, and still producing well when others are gone or producing badly cracked fruit.

New to me this year, but also proved very hardy -- Momotoro.

Another long-producer -- Burpee's "Big Mama."

-WC2K8

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
behlgarden(9)

I dont know the name of the tomato but it still is magical. I found a volunteer tomato plant that grew in my yard, around where I seeded tomato seeds into pots. it could be a spillover and went into soil directly and on its own it germinated. what is facinating is that its still about 12" tall after 3 months, did not grow too well, was not watered properly, never fertilized, has roots exposed, and was replanted into area that was not rich in nutrients or tilled. for some reason this keeps putting up tomatoes with no blossom drop while all other plants I took good care got hit with blosson drop.

I will post pictures of this tomato once ripe and would definitely save its seed for its hardiness.

Bookmark   October 28, 2011 at 7:44PM
More Discussions
Brown tomato leaves
What's wrong with the leaves on this tomato? Is it...
chrishashtags_gw
How many cherry tomatoes can I put in one 10 gallon pot?
Can I grow 3 or 4 plants together? It's to save me...
shijitake
Burpee Jersey Boy and Summer Girl
I just got these seeds in the mail this past week,...
thebutcher
Supermarket Tomato Plants
I planted a few seeds from Supermarket tomatoes because...
garf_gw
Better Boy vs Brandy Boy
The fruit test - - - we planted equal quantity of both...
hudson___wy
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™