Starting Random Seedlings

garf_gwOctober 5, 2012

I have been starting random small batches of seedlings for my season here in Miami. I have Atkinson, Everglades, Bloody Butcher, Campari, Floramerica, Stick, Big Beef, and Stump of the World. I have ordered Red velvet, Tasti Lee and got German Giant as a bonus. I'm sure I have forgotten some.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
carolyn137(z4/5 NY)

The seeds were sent to me as Velvet Red, not Red Velvet,as noted in the page from Tania's tomato data base linked to below. Just noting this in case someone wanted to Google it or whatever.

It has angora foliage with very dissected leaves and when the sun shines on it the plant just sparkles.

The fruits are unremarkable as to taste and I consider the variety to be a novelty one, and a beautiful one as well just b'c of the foliage.

Carolyn

Here is a link that might be useful: Velvet Red

Bookmark   October 5, 2012 at 10:05PM
garf_gw

I am hoping the foliage might resist insect damage better than regular leaves. Probably just wishful thinking. I have started some Tasti-Lee. I hope they do better than my last attempt.

Bookmark   October 6, 2012 at 3:30PM
dsb22(z7 VA)

Garf,

I am getting ready to place an order with Territorial Seed and they have Tasti-Lee new for 2014. Wondering how you liked it?

Thanks,
Deanna

Bookmark   February 11, 2014 at 12:13PM
More Discussions
Tomatoes from my trip to Sicily
I went back this summer to my birthplace, Sicily and...
sicilianu
Brandy Boy Contest -2015
I propose a "Brandy Boy Contest" for 2015...
hudson___wy
Cost per tomato?
I'm not going to even guess. I'm going to order 8...
lucillle
Anyone Growing Dwarf Tomatoes?
I recently acquired a copy of the excellent new book...
Ralph Whisnant
Is any one growing Delicious?
Is any one growing Delicious?
gridgardener
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™