Bingo tomato seeds

durable_now(8a)November 27, 2012

Have been to many seed web sites & have come up empty.If anyone has a few seeds that they would swap I have a pretty good variety of seeds that I will supply a list if anyone is intrested in a trade.If anyone has any leads on where I might purchace the seeds I would be very grateful for info.
Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

I'd suggest finding out what the true name of the variety is. There is no "Bingo" listed on Tatiana's Tomatobase or any of the other tomato databases I checked so the odds are 'Bingo' is a name some one just made up or changed.

What is the source of your info on that name?

Dave

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 10:28AM
farmerdill

Bingo is a 1981 Ferry Morse variety. "Characteristics: F1 hybrid, medium early, firm, large, fresh market type with uniform green immature fruit, semi-determinate. Resistance: verticillium, fusarium (races 1 and 2), and tobacco mosaic virus; a distinct cultivar. " NCSU Ferry Morse no longer lists it. It is available wholesale from Harris Moran.
Dave if you google Bingo Tomato, you will get lots of photos, articles , recommedations etc. It was quite popular a few years ago.

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 7:17PM
digdirt2(6b-7a No.Cent. AR HZ8 Sun-35)

Good to know farmerdill. Just went to my linked databases and didn't even think of Google. Thanks for the info. :)

Dave

Bookmark   November 27, 2012 at 10:42PM
More Discussions
Brown tomato leaves
What's wrong with the leaves on this tomato? Is it...
chrishashtags_gw
Color of Tomato Plants
As anyone that follows my posts knows, I am growing...
garf_gw
Show Your Seedlings -2015
Lets share some pictures of our seedlings. Here is...
seysonn
Burpee Jersey Boy and Summer Girl
I just got these seeds in the mail this past week,...
thebutcher
Window sill instead of grow light?
My grow light is broken. I have lots of room at a...
harryshoe zone6 eastern Pennsylvania
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™