Reviews of the First Lady's speech?

elvisSeptember 4, 2012

The folks watching at our house agree that Mrs. Obama turned in a great performance. Anyone else watch & listen?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
labrea_gw

It's being discussed below in DNC beginnings come join us!

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 11:31PM
citywoman2012

Oh, phooey elvis. When I saw the subject I thought you meant Ann Romney's speech from last week!

Didn't see MB's.
I won't turn my tv off the HGTV channel this week.

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 11:33PM
esh_ga

It was good and seemed very heartfelt. I liked her emphasis on how your values affect how you act.

cw, Ann Romney is not yet "the First Lady" ... so this thread could not be about her.

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 11:36PM
maggie2094

I watched the entire RNC as well. Why would you not want to tune in is beyond me...it may not be your side but it is your country! Jeesh!

It was a riveting and compelling speech that made emotional connections and brought them to their feet and she did fold policy into the dream. Loved it

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 11:39PM
labrea_gw

I watched Ann too nice lady!

Bookmark   September 4, 2012 at 11:47PM
fouquieria(10b)

It was a very sophisticated speech, the way it used their families as a microcosm of society and then looping back to her husband and incidental anecdotes. Whoever put the speech together worked a long time on it. I kept looking for her to make a mistake with that kind of speech. It's not easy to pull it off but she aced the delivery.

Something must have happened about two-thirds of the way thru because all the audience with cameras and recorders were turned in another direction and not at her.

I was also impressed with the keynote address too...but it was a much simpler speech. Direct and to the point, but also using his family as example.

-Ron-

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:18AM
lily316(z5PA)

Who's MB? Some people don't know who our first lady has been for the last four and next four years.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 1:27AM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

I was very impressed with the changes she has made in her appearance, delivery and demeanor. She played on the emotions of the audience very, very well.

I just wish the man she described was the man I observe as president.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 5:20AM
jodik_gw

I think the fact that she gets to observe him a little more often might have something to do with that. There are obvious obstacles, and also the job and powers of a President to consider. It's been almost 4 years of continuous "no" from the opposition that should be willing to compromise and work toward the good of the whole country.

The tribute to Ted Kennedy was nice, too.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 7:09AM
marquest(z5 PA)

It's being discussed below in DNC beginnings come join us!

Agree, there are 2 more days to go. I hope you will join us.

I watched the RNC all 3 days. I enjoy information and open minded enough to be able to watch both and secure enough that I know I can watch both and make a decision.

Something must have happened about two-thirds of the way thru because all the audience with cameras and recorders were turned in another direction and not at her.

When you are at a event like that you start to take pictures of the reaction of the people in the audience. If you are putting together a album of memories. The tears and the reaction of the crowd has to be included in that album.

She had the hall on fire. The delivery was spot on, the words were spoken in a way that touched the hearts of the public. The reaction of the crowd and the reports from both Liberal and Conservative confirm that there was not a negative move, word spoken, content of the speech confirm it will be a goal of every First Lady in the future.

Bookmark   September 5, 2012 at 8:43AM
More Discussions
France warns Russia
France Warns Russia And Its Allies Not To Advance On...
momj47
One last issue for me with new format
How do I turn off the "say thank you" at...
duluthinbloomz4
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
This made me cry. So beautiful.
Jacob is beautiful. Wonderful letter, please read. Happy...
enmc
Nuts
More odd topic than hot Saint Gurmeet Ram Rahim Ji...
labrea_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™