Sequestration and FEMA

yborgalOctober 31, 2012

Obama may say Sequestration will not take place, but it's been signed, sealed and delivered.

Those cuts will impact FEMA and disaster relief.

This is Romney's fault? Seems to me Obama signed the paperwork.

Here is a link that might be useful: Cuts

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chase_gw

Mona you may want to do some research on Sequestration, how it came about and how it will be implemented.

Sequestration was part of the Budget Act passed in 2011. That act was agreed to by all parties and signed into law. It called for equal spending cuts to defense and domestic spending with some protections to SS and Medicare should the super committee not be able to reach a deal on a deficit reduction plan. As we know they failed.

The act calls for EQUAL spending cuts to ALL programs . The legislators cannot pick and choose or alter the amounts of the cuts. The cuts will be between roughly 8% and 10%......across the board no exceptions.

Of course it's more complicated than I describe but that's the gist of it.......want to blame somebody blame Congress...the purse is their job!

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 8:56PM
yborgal

Chase, let me compliment you on the way you respond...with reason and logic. Thank you.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 9:30PM
frank_il

Mona, maybe now, since Chase was so nice, you will try your best to understand what sequestration means since you initiated the post. Did you miss the gist of her post? You do not even understand what sequestration is.

Congratulations.

Bookmark   October 31, 2012 at 10:14PM
dockside_gw

chase, you are much more knowledgeable about the way our government operates than I would guess 50% of my fellow countrymen and women are. Reminds me of one of those idiotic right-wing emails I got that said Obama was going to tax us 1% on all monetary transactions if he is re-elected. One crazy congressman - a Democrat - has introduced a bill for this to replace our current crazy taxation system. This congressman has introduced it several years in a row and it gets sent to committee to die. But the people that send these emails obviously don't realize it is the House that controls the purse. Or, if they do know, they know that there are a lot of dummies out there who will believe such a thing and send the email to more people who might believe it and vote for Romney.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 1:59AM
More Discussions
Walmart raises minimum for wage for hourly employees
This was announced several days ago and I though it...
chase_gw
A wonderful man left us last week
Father Theodore Hesburgh of Notre Dame dies at age...
Jmc101 z5
Congratulations Nebraska
They saw this coming and were changing the forms in...
labrea_gw
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than you think
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than...
momj47
Satanic Coloring Book Prompts Fla. School To Ban All Religious Materia
Hopefully, more people will come to their senses and...
enmc
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™