Another call from the president.

lily316(z5PA)November 13, 2012

This is getting to be a habit. Husband answered the phone two weeks ago to a woman saying 'stay on for the president'. Tonight at our little celebratory party, our local leader told us to check our emails.The president is calling us tomorrow evening at 8:30. Now I know this is just a conference call with him live and us not able to talk to him, but it's still exciting, and is an example of how he connects and inspires his workers. He's not running for office again , but he still takes the time.

Maybe Mitt Romney does too, but I doubt it.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mylab123(z5NW)

Give a shout out from me! ;)

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 1:17AM
jodik_gw

To me, this President is the only one in recent history that I think CAN actually connect with a larger majority of the citizenry... on many different levels.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 3:34AM
jerzeegirl(9)

I'm jealous - I haven't gotten any calls, just emails! Rats!

Do you guys think that all the muslim, kenya, birther nonsense will come to an end now since there is no longer any reason to try to smear Obama since he can no longer run for reelection?

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:20AM
althea_gw

What fun!

Don't forget to say "hi" from us.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:32AM
chase_gw

Way cool about the call. I truly believe this man cares a great deal about people and is humbled by their support and hard work on his behalf.

JZ , it will never go away nor will the university transcripts nonsense. It is almost beyond comprehension the deep loathing and distrust some have for the President simply because he is "different". That type of prejudice and bigotry is so ingrained in the psyche that it simply can't "go away".

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:41AM
maddie_athome

And give him a 'thumbs up!' from the rest of the planet too.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:44AM
momj47(7A)

A congratulations from his Forum Friends.

We'd love to have him join us now and then.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:45AM
lily316(z5PA)

Well, he called and it was exciting. The Chicago liaison called the WH and the operator answered and said ...is this just you and me connected? He said yes , and thousands of our supporters. Then she connected the President. The President was very grateful for us, he said. He said this was the greatest ground game ever in this country's history. He said he would be sending out a detailed questionnaire in a few days for us to fill out, and then he said he wants to get out of Washington more often and visit some of the volunteers on his trips. He called us "you guys" the whole 15 minutes, and told us he loved us and was so appreciative.

Before he came on the phone, the guy who initiated this told the number of registered voters, door to doors and phone calls and it was staggering. Now if we can just do this in PA in two years.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 9:05PM
chase_gw

Even though there were "thousands" of you on the phone I believe he was sincere in his words. Especially after seeing his talk to his campaign office in Chicago.

The cynics and detractors will have a different perspective but I truly believe he is a man who cares about the regular folk, the middle class. History will treat him well even if the present doesn't

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 9:39PM
More Discussions
N.H. fourth-graders’ hawk bill veers into abortion debate
From the Granite State. More proof that these Legislators...
enmc
Spies & Tools
The Wall Street Journal says that US elected officials...
labrea_gw
Oil Rises as Gulf Allies Strike Yemen
Should Yemen be any part of the Nuclear negotiations...
labrea_gw
Dinosaurs are bad!
This is hard to believe! Ummmm...anyone have an idea...
asleep_in_the_garden
George Zimmerman is a loose cannon!
Years ago, I wondered whether this might have been...
ronalawn82
Sponsored Products
American Drew Antigua 7 pc. Dining Table Set - ADL4362
Hayneedle
House of Troy Hyde Park Downbridge Brass Finish Floor Lamp
Lamps Plus
Bianca 72" Wall-Mounted Double Bathroom Vanity - Zebrawood
Modern Bathroom
Edgemont Brushed Nickel Three-Light Bath Fixture
$117.90 | Bellacor
Measurement Apron
$17.49 | zulily