Good news for those suffering post election blues!

tobr24u(z6 RI)November 13, 2012

Retailers are competing to see who can open the earliest on Thanksgiving. This should give you even more time to shop for my gift before everything is picked over. I'm sure that I will be receiving many fine manties but other articles of clothing would be welcomed, particularly if they are made out of fleece. And let's face it, Thanksgiving is an overrated event to begin with...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mrskjun(9)

Heck yeah. I'm going to spend three days cooking, then I'm going to leave everyone sitting at the Thanksgiving table and rush to the mall....can't wait lol. It would be nice if no one showed up on Thanksgiving day. Employees should be able to spend Thanksgiving with their families. Close the dang stores.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:18AM
tobr24u(z6 RI)

Get past your sentimentality over those nasty Puritans and increase your consuming. BTW, I wear a 38...

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:30AM
lavenderlver

I'm usually pooped by the time my Thanksgiving guests leave, can't imagine battling crowds at the mall.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:39AM
tobr24u(z6 RI)

My tree is already up awaiting your gifts...

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 5:44AM
houseful

38? I'll give you one month of free personal training!

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:35AM
tobr24u(z6 RI)

Yes, but it is a very attractive 38...

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:38AM
ohiomom

I will be working Thanksgiving Day, the day before and the day after .... this is actually the first time I had a job (never been in emergency/safety services) that I did not get at least Thanksgiving day off. Shrug

Probably will cook the weekend after, or not.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 7:42AM
vgkg(Z-7)

I will be in no hurry to buy people gifts for Jesus's birthday.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 9:58AM
demifloyd(8)

No post election blues for me, I'm just glad it's over.

I'm going to a friend's house for Thanksgiving this year, but having another group of people over on Saturday for a seafood gumbo dinner. That's way easier than setting the table for Thanksgiving and cooking all those dishes, which I usually do. Thanksgiving is my least favorite holiday.

I purchase less and less for Christmas every year so too bad for the economy.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 11:02AM
marquest(z5 PA)

My two favorite holidays, Thanksgiving to give thanks and Christmas because the reason for the day.

They will both celebrated separate, They will not see me Thanksgiving. I will be giving thanks.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 11:14AM
lily316(z5PA)

I really have a problem with the stores being open on Thanksgiving. I think this is a family day with very low consumerism involved except in the purchase of food. Not a gift day, not a big card day, not a big decoration day like Halloween and Xmas, and now they want to interrupt the one non commercial holiday when families eat and play games and talk.

I might sound like a dinosaur but in my young days, stores were closed on Sundays and closed every day at 5 except Friday night. Even later, I remember when New Jersey stores were closed on Sunday, and we were bummed because the boardwalk shops were closed that day. BUT Thanksgiving? Not gonna happen in this house.

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 12:03PM
ohiomom

This will be the first time ever that I will not be cooking and celebrating Thanksgiving with my family, kind of bummed out by it but I remember how many holidays my dad worked holidays, he was a policeman. The "goats" don't take holidays off :)

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 12:28PM
hamiltongardener(CAN 6a)

Thanksgiving is already over for us. Our next holiday will be Christmas.

A couple of bucks cash for each kid, no hectic shopping for me. YAY!

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 1:45PM
chase_gw

Not me I intend to spoil my kids and help the economy in the doing!

I love Christmas, every single bit of it from the reason we celebrate our faith and culture to the lights and decorations , the music, the family gathering and the giving to family, friends and charity.

I love every bit of it!

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 2:29PM
don_socal

This video may cheer you up.

Here is a link that might be useful: Turkey for you

Bookmark   November 13, 2012 at 11:06PM
More Discussions
John McCain: "I’m Ashamed Of My Country "
Sen. John McCain said: “I’m ashamed of my country,...
dublinbay z6 (KS)
Just went to the grocery store
and as we left a woman followed us out by less than...
don_socal
Oklahoma crude
"Judges or court clerks who issue marriage licenses...
labrea_gw
France warns Russia
France Warns Russia And Its Allies Not To Advance On...
momj47
Not a Kodak Moment for Idaho Legislator
Makes you wonder why they keep trying. http://www.dailykos.com/story/2015/02/23/1366371/-Idaho-Republican-to-doctor-Can-a-woman-swallow-a-camera-for-a-pregnancy-exam-w-audio...
duluthinbloomz4
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™