Fix the Debt

ohiomomNovember 15, 2012

....beware of Greeks bearing gifts.

Quote:

It's budget showdown time in Washington. With various tax increases and spending cuts set to kick in at the end of the year, the pressure is on for Republicans and Democrats to make a deal.

A major player in this hot debate is a new corporate coalition called "Fix the Debt." They've recruited more than 80 CEOs of America's most powerful corporations and raised $60 million for a big media and lobbying blitz.

(snip)

Behind their moderate slogans is an extreme agenda focused on further reducing corporate taxes and shifting the burden onto the poor and elderly.

Take a look, for example, at a slideshow presentation the campaign has prepared as a "CEO tool" for wooing supporters. You can check it out right on their web site. It says flat out that the so-called "fiscal cliff" is an opportunity to push for "considerably less" spending on Medicare and Medicaid. It also calls for a shift to a "territorial tax system," which would permanently exempt U.S. corporations' foreign income from U.S. taxes.

(snip)

One of the biggest potential winners from a territorial tax system is Microsoft, which could reap a savings of $19.4 billion on its $60.8 billion in accumulated foreign earnings.

Why does Microsoft have so much dough stashed overseas? A Senate investigation this year shed light on this question. They found that Microsoft takes the patents for software developed at its U.S. research facilities and registers them in tax haven countries. That way, when a U.S. customer buys a copy of Microsoft Office, a hefty chunk of the profits is recorded in no-tax zones.

Here is a link that might be useful: Trojan Horse

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
demifloyd(8)

At least some companies are paying some taxes and providing jobs to some people.

Ask Obama about throwing taxpayer's money OUT THE WINDOW BY GIVING it to his "green" buddies at SOLYNDRA and other such companies that were too stupid to even stay in business with free handouts of the money of other people.

I'm not exactly outraged at any company that CAN provide services and provide jobs.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:02AM
PRO
Brushworks Spectacular Finishes(5)

Obama's job czar, Immelt, must be jumping for joy!

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 9:54AM
Circus Peanut

Demi, honestly, that sounds like the battered wife saying the abuse isn't so bad, because her husband never actually hits her on the face.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 10:04AM
demifloyd(8)

Posted by circuspeanut 5 (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 15, 12 at 10:04

Demi, honestly, that sounds like the battered wife saying the abuse isn't so bad, because her husband never actually hits her on the face.

Oh Good God.

That is a completely irrelevant and inaccurate portrayal and analogy of what I said.

Bookmark   November 15, 2012 at 12:25PM
More Discussions
Dang Groundhog !!!!
Ugh, high winds here overnite had knocked out power...
vgkg
If I had Mr. Giuliani's talent ...
... for reading minds, I'd be minting money - both...
Ron Persaud
What goes around ...
.....comes around "It wasn't supposed to be like...
ohiomom
html coding
It seems to work for me if I use small case letters...
duluthinbloomz4
Living in terror in the Middle East - ISIL kidnapping Christians
ISIS Continues Its Assault on Christianity With Latest...
momj47
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™