Sad Story

labrea_gwNovember 19, 2012

No digs on this crew it's just a sad story of some folks who got lost looking for something believing a charismatic leader new where it was

International House of Prayer said

"Knowing what we know now, we deeply regret our failure to discern the nature of Deaton's alleged secretive, perverse, cultic practices."

"Tyler Deaton was acknowledged as a division coordinator for a home fellowship group in a recent IHOP hand-out, but was later removed. The Kansas City Star corroborated these claims. Now, WDAF Fox 4 and the Kansas City Star report that IHOP is distancing itself further from Tyler Deaton and his group. According to news sources, IHOP insists that the listing of Tyler Deaton as an IHOP friendship group division coordinator was an error made by a volunteer, and that Deaton was never a coordinator."

I just watched CNN's Jonestown Documentary the other night & I find it hard to wrap my head around all the elements involved with stuff like this!

(Can we not make this a bash a thon)

Here is a link that might be useful: Madness & Murder

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marquest(z5 PA)

I watched CNN's Jonestown Documentary this weekend also for the 5th time. I keep trying to understand how so many people could be fooled.

I am not offended we have so many people that are easily taken in be it religion or Fox and Friends there will always be people looking for something good or bad. It depends where the persons mind and what they are searching for in life and what will make them happy.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 11:17AM
rob333

I got to where they assaulted her over months and I can't read any more. This awful in the name of anything. Cults are the worst. I guess I just don't understand, truly understand, how cult leaders gain their foothold. I think it could never happen to me. But it must happen to someone. I'm so sorry for his young wife. He should've protected her.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 11:18AM
labrea_gw

I've read a few blogs that IHOP International House of Prayers is a cult (not in the good sense)
I really don't know much about them otherwise

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 12:07PM
rob333

Is there a good sense of cult?

;)

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 12:13PM
ohiomom

Well I wasn't going to read the link, but I changed my mind. A couple of things stood out to me, including what he wrote in his yearbook.

"Be intolerant," read his quote attached to the portrait, "because some things are just stupid."

Obviously another who did not "get the message".

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 12:17PM
jodik_gw

This is incredibly sad... I'm very convinced that a lot of what passes for religion in this world is wrong, and dangerous... so I'm going to stay out of this one.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 12:24PM
fouquieria(10b)

This stuff is just the mere tip of the iceberg with these groups. The formula: pushy, agressive, cocky religious nuts stirred with a sprinkling of sheeple/lemmings.

You hear it all the time. Religious tolerance. Do I sound cynical or what?

-Ron-

Here is a link that might be useful: Another IHOP story

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 12:45PM
jodik_gw

Ohiomom, that stood out to me, as well... it's an odd thing to write at that time in a young person's life.

Bookmark   November 19, 2012 at 4:08PM
More Discussions
A Cultural Cleansing
ISIS torched Mosul's library. "...books represent...
duluthinbloomz4
Satanic Coloring Book Prompts Fla. School To Ban All Religious Materia
Hopefully, more people will come to their senses and...
enmc
A wonderful man left us last week
Father Theodore Hesburgh of Notre Dame dies at age...
Jmc101 z5
California displacing older American workers via H1-B Visas
What have California's middle class American workers...
adoptedbyhounds
Ben Carson Clown for all Seasons
Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon and potential...
labrea_gw
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™