Conservative Activist

citywoman2012November 1, 2012

This article by Yates gave me a warm fuzzy feeling :)

Its so refreshing to read the truth and be able to share it with my friends during this election

of cover-ups and lies from the Obama campaign

Opinion

Barack Obama and the biggest lie in American history

11:49 PM 10/08/2012

Yates Walker

Four months later, I�m still not over the Obamacare ruling

Get ready to fill out Obamacare�s individual mandate tax form

The Obama campaign, still unsettled and reeling after walking into a very polite buzz saw named Mitt Romney last week, has finally coalesced around a new slogan: "Liar!" says Axelrod, says Plouffe, says Cutter, says Dean, says Barack Obama himself. Like a Greek chorus, the collective cries foul on the debate, asserting that Romney�s mendacity so disturbed our president�s sensibilities that he was rendered ineffective and passionless and weak and dull for 90 minutes � or something to that effect.

It�s a strange accusation coming from a president who insisted for more than a week that the September 11 attack on our embassy in Benghazi was a spontaneous reaction to a YouTube video. That was either a lie or a confession of such profound stupidity as to render him unqualified to deliver mail, let alone run a country. Nevertheless, Team Obama has committed to this line of attack, so let�s take a quick look at the president�s signature achievement.

On March 21, 2010, Congressman Bart Stupak led a small band of pro-life Democrats as the last holdouts on the Obamacare bill. They were taking a principled stand against a provision that allocated federal dollars to subsidize abortions. That clause was supposed to be written out of the bill in a joint committee with the Senate, but Scott Brown�s election in Massachusetts prevented any revision.

The stakes were huge. If the flawed bill didn�t pass, Obamacare would have to go back to the drawing board, and the president would have nothing to show for more than a year�s worth of effort and political capital.

To win the votes of Stupak�s crew, President Obama issued an executive order which stated that no public funds would be used to pay for abortions. Of course, the executive order was as meaningless then as it is today, but at the time, people believed him. Just 22 months later HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius made the betrayal official when she announced that abortion would be funded by Obamacare, and that members of religious institutions would be forced by law to act against their consciences.

Half of America believes that abortion is immoral. If Obamacare isn�t repealed by a Romney administration, every American taxpayer will be directly funding abortion in 2014.

Obamacare was passed on a lie, both to Bart Stupak and to the American people. The most recent cost estimate for Obamacare�s first decade is $2.6 trillion. That makes Barack Obama�s lie the costliest in American history.

I don�t know Mitt Romney personally. Maybe he is a liar. But he�s nothing compared to Obama.

Yates Walker is a conservative activist and writer. Before becoming involved in politics, he served honorably as a paratrooper and a medic in the U.S. Army�s 82nd Airborne Division.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lily316(z5PA)

yawn

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 4:44PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

Oh my gosh, not again! And this gave you a warm, fuzzy feeling?

If you'll look on politifact, you can check how many lies Obama and Romney have told. The honors lie with your candidate by far. No one has ever claimed here that Obama is without fault and pure as the driven snow. At the same time you can also check how many lies and misrepresentations are contained in that article.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 4:49PM
sleeplessinftwayne(z4-5 IND)

Thank you citywoman. It is good to hear the truth on this forum once in a while.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 5:31PM
jodik_gw

Truth? Where?

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 5:36PM
lily316(z5PA)

From CW>???? Another screen spit.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 5:48PM
citywoman2012

I swear to tell the truth the whole truth nothing but the truth so help me God.

Sorry some don't feel the same way.
Its just the way I live.

I also do not live my life in any venue calling others
liars.
Thats not playing nice. :)

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 6:37PM
kswl2

"I swear to tell the truth the whole truth nothing but the truth so help me God."

Some people would not recognize the truth if it slapped them in the face.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 6:41PM
ingrid_vc(Z10 SoCal)

citywoman, I can recall so many instances when you didn't play nice. They number in the dozens, and that's just in the relatively short time I've been here. I hope the God you're invoking above can overlook the many spiteful comments you've made. For mere mortals it's not so easy.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 6:41PM
marquest(z5 PA)

Rivera called the "GOP bloodlust" surrounding the Obama administration's handling of Libya "insincere," "desperate" and reminiscent of the political firestorm surrounding the "Fast and Furious" gun-walking scandal that rocked the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in 2011.

Here is a link that might be useful: BENGHAZI

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 6:52PM
marshallz10(z9-10 CA)

Gleeful and possibly lustful propaganda.

Bookmark   November 1, 2012 at 7:01PM
citywoman2012

I play nice with people....just not with Obama.
You GOTTA quit taking it personal. Its all about Obama.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 12:32AM
bluebird88

Citywoman, you've brought a smile on my face. You go lady!

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 2:12AM
jodik_gw

If ya don't take truth to heart, what do ya take to heart.

Bookmark   November 2, 2012 at 3:45AM
More Discussions
Ben Carson Clown for all Seasons
Ben Carson, the retired neurosurgeon and potential...
labrea_gw
Right Wing Nut Job David Barton
Does not believe there will be a vaccine for HIV because...
labrea_gw
Pigs Fly . . . Or Try to Fly
California newspapers are proudly announcing that the...
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than you think
A Court decision gutting ACA could be a lot worse than...
momj47
Satanic Coloring Book Prompts Fla. School To Ban All Religious Materia
Hopefully, more people will come to their senses and...
enmc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™