Well, they were warned

david52 Zone 6December 24, 2012

"Seven people have died in Homs after they inhaled a poisonous gas sprayed by government forces in a rebel-held neighbourhood, activists said.

Activists also told Al Jazeera that scores of others were affected in al-Bayyada neighbourhood. Side effects reported include nausea, relaxed muscles, blurred vision, and breathing difficulties.

Residents said they did not know the nature of the gas sprayed.

"The situation is very difficult. We do not have enough facemasks. We don't know what this gas is but medics are saying it's something similar to Sarin gas," Raji Rahmet Rabbou, an activist in Homs, told Al Jazeera."

Here is a link that might be useful: link

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tobr24u(z6 RI)

Peace on earth, has there ever been any?

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 5:55AM
haydayhayday

I DO NOT KNOW!!

(Caps for emphasis)

But, we've seen recently on this forum pictures from that area that were faked, just to create an image for the rest of the world.

Given that Obama, I THINK, has said words to the effect that he would not tolerate the Syrian government using gas, I can well imagine that the Rebels might be thinking,....

"Hmmmmmm...."

Google News doesn't seem to have any reports of it other than "from the Rebels". The Israelis...hmmmmm.... also seem to be playing it up.

I just saw this lead in to an article when I searched Google News.

"Business Insider - âÂÂ3 hours agoâÂÂ
Now it's clear even the American public considers it unacceptable: a Washington Post poll out last week states 63 percent of Americans support military involvement against Syria if chemical weapons are used. All of which makes the most recent reports out of Homs even more concerning. While there is no official confirmation The Times of Israel reports at least six rebels are reported dead and 60 injured after opposition forces say "poison gas bombs" were dropped on the rebel held town of Homs."

It's funny how some things have stuck in my brain from the wee years of my life.

When I was very, very young, I can remember a half hour TV show, the plot of which is a bunch of men gathered around a poker table on a Saturday night which evolves into a plot to kill a local good guy and make it look like the bad guys had done it in order to rally the community against the bad guys. They were going on about how, if Christ had not been crucified, then he might very well have been a forgotten part of history.....

Remember Iraq and the "Weapons of Mass Destruction"?

I DO NOT KNOW!!

Hay

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 9:22AM
tobr24u(z6 RI)

Relax, sit in front of the fire and fantasize about it...

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 9:33AM
haydayhayday

Meanwhile, from Iran's News

"The terrorists used chemical weapons against the Syrian army forces in Darya district of Reef Damascus today.

"The terrorists have already thrown three cube-shaped plastic bags towards the (Syrian) army's forces that killed seven forces due to the gases emerging from the bags," a commander of the Syrian Presidential Guard told the Iran-based Arab-language Al-Alam news channel on Sunday."

I suspect we'll know the full story right after we get Benghazi figured out. Right after we find the WMD in Iraq...

I DO NOT KNOW!!

Hay

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 9:36AM
marshallz10(z9-10 CA)

What kind of chemical is kept in plastic cubes? Bleach in two bags and ammonia in another? Freeing the chlorine in the bleach? Such hi-tech delivery system too!

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 10:12AM
david52 Zone 6

Looking around this morning, it looks like everybody is accusing everybody else.

Truth is the first causality.

Bookmark   December 24, 2012 at 11:18AM
nancy_in_venice_ca Sunset 24 z10

Truth is the first causality

Beware of false flag ops for both Syria and Iran.

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 12:25AM
thegreatcob

when will you all learn in a war there no rules beside killing. be that killing civilians that happen in wrong place at time or the enemy. Syria is civil war of attrition it well end when one other other side is all dead or one side gains back total control of the country.
You can mourn the tragedy but it will end when the killing ends and one side has lost.
Either side cares nothing about the loss of life of other.
But that is how real wars are fought no compassion just death. yes I am cold about it but both sides are as viscous as they come.

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 2:22AM
Campanula UK Z8

'but both sides are as viscous as they come.'

a bit thick, then?

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 1:14PM
marshallz10(z9-10 CA)

you betcha

Bookmark   December 26, 2012 at 1:24PM
More Discussions
Now THIS is a “hot topic”
.Better than a Rita’s water ice on 1st day of spring. Sorry...
Pidge
Oil Rises as Gulf Allies Strike Yemen
Should Yemen be any part of the Nuclear negotiations...
labrea_gw
N.H. fourth-graders’ hawk bill veers into abortion debate
From the Granite State. More proof that these Legislators...
enmc
Relevant quotes II
I have noticed that some have referenced this thread...
don_socal
Sponsored Products
Herman Miller | Nelson™ BCS, Large Cabinets
YLiving.com
Home Decorators Area Rug: Rhodes Tan 6' x 9'
Home Depot
Shelly Single Bath Light
Signature Hardware
Marseille Dark Bronze Three-Light Chandelier with Golden Shadow/Champagne Royal
$694.00 | Bellacor
MC 813005 17.3 ft C3 Green Wire 50 LED Christmas Lights
EnvironmentalLights.com