Mystic Mermaid

GrowHappy(z7 MD)November 18, 2011

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sheilatse(11)

so nice to see that you have so many types of AVs to grow. Only recently I managed to grow AVs successfully flower many times using a 20W table lamp. I also managed to propagate successfully.

My country temperature is 86F so AVs cannot last long so have to grow them in air-conditioning room ie office. Funny it can survive without air-con for 3 days during weekend and public holidays.

I am envious of you all since 2003 that you all can grow so nice and I can't grow here. Have killed more than 30 pots since 2003 and now I manage to get hold of the techniques. I am very happy that I can grow too. A lot of people gave up buying AVs cos they cant grow. You will notice why I put the subject in Malaysia so that they will not give up growing AVs.

Now with my seat in office is near the window, I will definitely buy a few more pots.

Bookmark   January 7, 2012 at 2:06AM
fawnee0214(9)

Well, that cinches it for me. I was gonna get one on Lyndon's and now there's no question.

Bookmark   January 16, 2012 at 8:38PM
GCTBA(11)

Just make sure you dont have tinted windows or you will not get the benefit of the natural light.
And ggod luck !

Bookmark   February 11, 2012 at 6:53PM
franknjim

I am just starting out in AV's but this is the one Russian variety that I ordered leaves from at Lyon's out of the 18 varieties that I ordered.

Bookmark   February 23, 2012 at 3:24PM
katmitx(8a)

Is there more than one Mystic Mermaid? I bought this one the other day. It's a double, plum in color but no frilly white/green edge.

The colors in the photo are fairly accurate.

Bookmark   May 31, 2013 at 5:28PM
More Discussions
Rob's Humpty Doo
Recently found out this is chimera. First Class didn't...
lilypad22
Source for 1.5 inch pots, please
Hi, does anyone know where to buy 1.5" pots preferably...
Melody Rose
Violet Barn?
Has the Violet Barn stopped selling leaves?? I love...
suyoder
Reducing a collection in size
Not saying I have to do this yet, however, what I would...
fortyseven_gw
Happily Blooming
My 2 'O Modesty African Violets are happily blooming...
lola8325 zone5KS
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™