Flower Arranging For A Country Wedding

moonwolf_gwApril 10, 2010

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum! A friend of mine and co-worker of my dad's is getting married in August and has asked for my help in doing the flowers (her mom will be helping as well)! Her grandmother is growing the black-eyed susans she wants to use instead of going to a florist. Her main flower is black-eyed susan and also wants to use artificial cataninetails in the arrangement. Her colors are brown and green. She isn't picky about what flowers to use. For the tables, she was thinking about putting them in mason jars.

I'm trying to figure out what other flowers to use in the arrangement. I'm thinking of using sunflowers and maybe daisies. Here are some other choices I'm thinking about.

Cosmos

Queen Anne's Lace

Other wildflowers

Any ideas would gladly be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Brad AKA Moonwolf

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
janet_ms(z7Ms.)

What a great idea! I love to keep flowers in the library where I work, and lots of times I just use wildflowers, or at least mix them in with my zinnias and stuff. Keep an eye along the backroads and fields and remember where you see them. Don't forget that the greenery from lots of trees is also very pretty. Mimosa trees are one of my favorites. So is crepe myrtle. When you see something you like, I'd suggest you get you a branch or flower and keep it in water overnight to see how it holds up. It seems to me that wildflowers( some people have the nerve to call them weeds!) either hold up really well or just droop overnight. I'd love to see pictures of how it turns out.

Bookmark   June 18, 2010 at 12:27PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
scarletdaisies(6)

Maybe carnations, snapdragons, moonflowers, amaryllis, peace lily, and daisies of every color?

Good luck.

Bookmark   July 8, 2010 at 2:49PM
More Discussions
preserving large amaryllis flowers,=how?
Where can I learn to preserve not press large amaryllis...
amaryllisstudygroup
Need bird bath ideas
I want to create unique bird baths. Any ideas? thanks...
melissad
? about making gazing balls...
When you make gazing balls using bowling balls and gluing...
Jude_KS
Soup Can Label
I found a get well soup can label on a web search that...
JacobyLucy
Homemade bird seed cakes
got inspired by an email from Burpee Seeds showing...
DrFruitCake
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™