Clematis Wilting Disease - Help Me

jasmineflowerMay 17, 2007

I have two dying plants. I have researched and have concluded it must be "wilting" according to the appearance of the disease. I only see the symptoms on the vine itself. The roots look healthy. I treat the plant according to normal requirements.. moisture, covered roots, protected from too much sun or heat,etc.. The first year the plants were great! Ever since then they've been sick! They're three years old! When they first emerge they grow quickly and even begin budding. All of the sudden, the entire plants die back. I see no insect damage or possible fungus. I have applied small amounts of fungicide in the past, attempting to help. Currently, I have dug around their soil. I've removed some of the mulch hoping this might slow down the progression. I'm tempted to add different topsoil. Changing their location is out of the question for me. I have no luck transplanting. I have three other clematis in different locations, and all are hearty. I understand there is no cure, but maybe these diseased ones can be put on a life support system. I appreciate everybodies input! I'm sure there are a bunch of you who enjoy the clematis plant.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Pudge 2b

Your question would probably get more response on the Clematis forum.

Here is a link that might be useful: GW Clematis Forum

Bookmark   May 20, 2007 at 11:08AM
More Discussions
anyone know how to make plastic spoon roses
hello would like some info on how to make plastic spoon...
zinnia_blooms
help me identify my lemon tree variety
I have recently grafted this citrus tree as a lemon...
lovelyOrchard
stepping stones
Does anywho know what is a good pre-mixed bag of cement...
gardengirl_tx
HGTV is closing on Nov. 4th
They are looking for a new place to "meet"...
grandma_bonnie
Homemade bird seed cakes
got inspired by an email from Burpee Seeds showing...
DrFruitCake
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™