'yard maniquins'

Vangy(SW Mi)June 25, 2005

Does any one have directions foo making "yard maniquins" (hope this is the right word) They cost upwards of $100 in the bigger greenhouses & places that sell water fountains and such. Beyond my budget.

VangY plays in the dirt too.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lillie1441(b3 TX)

Vang Y-I made one last year.I used an old styrofoam wig head and painted a face on it,added an old wig and straw hat.I stuck a long piece of PVC pipe in the hole in the bottom and glued it with silicone and pushed it into the ground behind an old chair so that the head rested even with the back of the chair..I took an old T-shirt and pulled it over the back of the chair and secured the neck to the "neck" of the styrofoam head with a rubber band.I then stuffed the shirt with some old plastic bags to give it some body and secured the bottom and sleeves with rubber bands.I then took an old long sleeved dress and pulled it over the back of the chair and the T-shirt and let the skirt drape over the seat of the chair as if the "lady" was sitting.I stuffed the arms of the dress with more plastic bags and secured the sleeves with rubber bands.I added a pair of white cotton gloves stuffed with plastic bags for hands and secured them to the arms of the dress with rubber bands.Add some pretty jewelry Or maybe even an umbrella and you have a cute garden lady.I sat a pot of flowers in her lap and arranged the hands as though she was holding the pot and secured a couple of the fingers of the gloves with rubber bands to keep them in place.Arms,and even legs could also be made by stuffing old panty hose legs with plastic bags.I must re-do my little lady as her dress is quite faded and the brim of her hat has come apart and is now a collar for her dress!LOL I hope this helps..........Lillie

Bookmark   July 1, 2005 at 2:07AM
call_me_red(7)

Super easy to make. Took me exactly 45 minutes from beginning to end.

Bookmark   July 27, 2005 at 8:57PM
nonacook(8bFL)

call_me_red, Can you give us instructions on how? (wow, 45 minutes!)

Bookmark   July 29, 2005 at 3:22AM
CTponderBecky(NC8)

Why can't I see your pics?

Bookmark   August 16, 2005 at 9:05PM
lynku

Could you give me the instructions for making yard maniquins in 45 minutes. Plus, I'm unable to view the pictures you posted. Could you post them another way?

Bookmark   June 13, 2007 at 12:55PM
More Discussions
Homemade bird seed cakes
got inspired by an email from Burpee Seeds showing...
DrFruitCake
anyone need any nice used horse shoes?
My husband shoes horses for a living and if you need...
ladybugmama
How to grow the Petrea volubilis
Do you know how to grow the Queen's Wreath Petrea volubilis...
perezjuanf
Flower Pot Hangers
This is such a fun project. I macrame all sorts of...
Dani74
Painted & Sealed Terra Cotta pots not drying
Ok, so I painted some terra Cotta pots(picture), used...
Noteybook
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™