lemony ideas?

audmendousg(z7 central TX)July 8, 2004

Hello. I'm hosting a ladies' group this month. The topic is "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade." Does anyone have any simple ideas for table decorations? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CandyWA(z8 WA)

My daughter makes a beautiful ice wreath that floats in the punch bowl. In a bundt pan (or something similar) pour a little lemonade then neatly place slices of lemon, lime, and orange. Add a few strawberries and blueberries for color. Freeze it. Add another layer of lemonade then lay more slices of fruit. More lemonade... more fruit... till the bundt pan is 3/4 full. Freeze it and then float it rounded side up in the punch bowl. It's really pretty and as it melts it doesn't dilute the lemonade.

Bookmark   July 8, 2004 at 11:46PM
Craftybrat(z7)

I have seen lemon 'trees' use a large cone of green foam and with tooth picks poke in small lemons to make a lemon tree I would stick a few silk leaves in too.

Bookmark   July 9, 2004 at 1:15PM
babanna(z5 NY)

You can also peel the lemon rinds off in a long spiral and dangle them from the ceiling of place the curled rinds around the table settings too...

I wish I could remember there is a lovely free pattern crochet site that has lemon recipes including using lemon balm.

Bookmark   July 9, 2004 at 4:48PM
ArborBluffGirl(8)

I made the following carbonated lemonade at my garden club and it got rave reviews.... 4 cups cranberry juice, one can thawed lemonade and one litre of seltzer or club soda. Add ice and slices of oranges. We made three batches of this and it took care of about 40 women.

Bookmark   July 21, 2004 at 10:34PM
CandyWA(z8 WA)

Arbor... that sounds soooo good!

Bookmark   July 27, 2004 at 2:22AM
flowersandthings(MidAtlantic 6/7)

lemon ginger is also a nice lemon drink...... lemon juice and sugar syrup with selzter and a little ginger syrup..... from say candied ginger....... You could put tiny bouquets inside coured out lemons all around the table...... and put candles in cored out lemons........ You could also simply pin or toothpick lemons and orange and some flowers and foliage to a sytrofoam material...... a pyramid or a round....... you can buy these at craft stores........ :) Be sure to bake a lemon tea cake..... and maybe if you give out favors you could give out tiny pots of lemon thyme...... or lemon verbena......

Bookmark   September 3, 2004 at 9:07PM
More Discussions
planted flower in garden.
today i planted a different types of flower in my garden...
john_31
preserving large amaryllis flowers,=how?
Where can I learn to preserve not press large amaryllis...
amaryllisstudygroup
stepping stones
Does anywho know what is a good pre-mixed bag of cement...
gardengirl_tx
Homemade bird seed
Birds usually eat a mixture of seeds and other goodies...
senainternational
Need Gourd Painter
Looking for someone to paint on gourds. Will trade...
gourdgeous
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™