garden green man

greendale63(WI SEz5)July 9, 2005

While walking on our village's garden gazing tour..I came across this 'garden green man' one of the homeowners had made...looked to be at least 6' tall, it had an actual face(from a mask I think), arms and legs from burlap, lots of different colored gardening gloves used for a "vest" and moss for hair and beard..it was so neat! and a great addition to her garden. She just had it leaning up against her tree...so I thought that I would check to see if anyone else had ever seen/or made one as I'm going to see what I can come up with....could even decorate him for the seasons...hm-m-m-m the possibilities are endless...and now another project to take on....not enough hours in the day, nor dollars in the pocket!! thanks....

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
monicatx(z8 TX)

Can you take a photo of it and post it? It sounds so neat. Monica

Bookmark   July 10, 2005 at 11:05PM
greendale63(WI SEz5)

sorry Monica, it was on private property...I think they have laws against that..lol...but I searched on the web and I couldn't come up with anything that day...will have to spend a bit more time...if you find anything let me know!

Bookmark   July 11, 2005 at 12:18PM
Posie(z3 MN)

I'm usually not active on this site but I am wondering why greendale thinks it is against the law to take a picture of something. Really shouldn't be and the lady would probably be pleased if you did. Maybe you could stop and ask if it wouldn't be o.k. if you have doubts. I'm sure most gardener's would be flattered to know how much you admired her project. O.K.........I'll be quiet !

Bookmark   August 3, 2005 at 11:25PM
susie53_gw

Greendale, I have a garden lady That stands about 5 feet tall. Her name is Gertie.. Sadly my hubby threw the body away when he was cleaning out the garage. She holds a tall stake with a birdhouse attached. In her other hand you can place what you want. I have used garden gloves and a watering can.. She is adorable..

Sooner or later I will get another body made and get her back up. I was in a garden tour a few years ago and she was a huge hit.. Really easy to make..

Susie

Bookmark   August 19, 2005 at 10:08AM
craftymee(7)

Suzie. Please tell us how to start!! What was her body made of?? Would a couple of tomato cages wired together work? That would give her a bit of a waistline!, then wire formed for the head, rebar for the legs...I am going to have all my honey's scrap metal in the shed all used up if I try this!! lol!!
Janet

Bookmark   October 4, 2005 at 5:15AM
More Discussions
Guess what this are
Can you guess what these are? Excuse my language I...
hementia8
Bird Seed Ornaments
I made 2 batches of bird seed ornaments this weekend....
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
Terracotta pots stuck together
I have two large tarracotta pots that have become stuck...
thumpergirl
betta fish
I am new to betta fish. I have two large vases with...
Revelbioinvestigator
Flower markers! I need creative ideals
I have several daylilies that I need markers for.I...
Bluegrassmom
Sponsored Products
Green and Teal 18 x 18-Inch Pillow with Hidden Zipper
$27.00 | Bellacor
Serena D'italia Lamps 25 in. Tiffany Baroque Bronze Table Lamp 16099
Home Depot
Patio Living Concepts Outdoor Lighting. Catalina Bronze Outdoor Floor Lamp with
Home Depot
Green & Gold Rogen Wool Runner
$49.99 | zulily
Verus Sports Expert 115mm Bocce Ball Set - Pearlized - BO520
$86.99 | Hayneedle
Fiji Yarn Green 50 x 84-Inch Dupioni Curtain
$81.95 | Bellacor
EAGO BA121 Round Ceramic Above Mount Bath Sink with Single Faucet Hole
$99.00 | Blue Bath
SunStopper Sun Haven 12 x 8-ft. Manual Retractable Awning - SUNHAV-12X8-MANUAL-D
Hayneedle
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™