Stained Glass...??

tropicalfreak(z10b Ft Lauderdale)July 7, 2006

anyone doing this craft or has done it?? any recommendations for books?? videos?? or is a class best for any craft/art?? wanting to do suncatchers.

thanks,cliff

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
BetsyBr(NJ)

I have done it but I took a class to get the basices first. Go by a shop near you and ask. It is well worth your time.

Bookmark   July 17, 2006 at 1:17PM
corar4gw(JAX9A)

--and you can always stop by the librairy. Check out several books you feel are the best and read up on the subject. If nothing else, you will learn the language of the craft.
cora

Bookmark   July 21, 2006 at 9:14PM
quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)

Michaels Crafts and A.C. Moore Crafts are the 2 big craft stores in my area of NC. Maybe there is one near you. They give classes and have manuals and kits. The kits are really self-explanatory. I have been doing them for several years and can email you photos of my work. I hang fake stained glass windows in the windows of my house. They are made from using old thrown-out window frames when people install insulated windows. I pick them up on the side of the road on trash day. Suncatchers would be a cinch compared to these large window projects, but I believe I can get you started.

Bookmark   August 5, 2006 at 4:39PM
More Discussions
stepping stones
Does anywho know what is a good pre-mixed bag of cement...
gardengirl_tx
Soup Can Label
I found a get well soup can label on a web search that...
JacobyLucy
HGTV is closing on Nov. 4th
They are looking for a new place to "meet"...
grandma_bonnie
Marigolds
I have a question on blooming. What conditions have...
eugeneb4
betta fish
I am new to betta fish. I have two large vases with...
Revelbioinvestigator
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™