dried catalpa seed pods

MelanieBZ(z5 New England)September 15, 2003

I'm looking for these for a floral arrangement I'd like to make. Does anyone know of a source?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
weedlady(Central OH 6)

Good lord, my yard is buried in these damn things every spring when they fall from the trees! Not many dried ones now, though, as they get mown over all summer long. I am sure you will find a supply before I could get them to you, but if you want me as a backup, e-mail me (click on my username to reach my member page).

Bookmark   September 21, 2003 at 7:34AM
LindaDeNeve(z5 IN)

God, I laughed at this one. Isn't it wonderful - ok, wonderfully funny that one person can say "where can I get?" and some one else says her yard is full of the damn things. When I was about five my mom told me to take my little red flyer wagon out and pick up all the catalpa cigars on the ground. I was ticked. Lazy. Pretty summer day and I wanted to play. As I got to the tree, I stuck my tongue out as hard as I could at the house, never thinking mom might be watching me from a window. She came flying out of the house like a whirlwind, scared the pee right out of me, and also made the spanking smart even more! Ahhh, thanks for the memory! Oh, and it was just for this reason I tried so many times to get an exchange going, a way for crafters to find each others weeds and treasures. I listed a buncha stuff from my area, offered to go get it for people, but never got any responses. Next month or so there's all kinds of people looking for some of the stuff I listed. Go figure. Linda

Bookmark   October 20, 2003 at 7:12PM
seedseller1(4 Waterloo, IA)

Hi,

Just wondering if you ever got your dried catalpa seed pods? I would love to see a picture of the finished project. It sounds neat & like something I might like to try.

Mrs Seedseller - Linda

Bookmark   March 7, 2004 at 11:44PM
novice60(8 ATL)

First time at this site. What did you ever do with the pods? Can you send pics

Bookmark   August 4, 2007 at 8:40PM
More Discussions
Bird Seed Ornaments
I made 2 batches of bird seed ornaments this weekend....
xiangirl zone 4/5 Nebraska
stepping stones
Does anywho know what is a good pre-mixed bag of cement...
gardengirl_tx
preserving large amaryllis flowers,=how?
Where can I learn to preserve not press large amaryllis...
amaryllisstudygroup
help me identify my lemon tree variety
I have recently grafted this citrus tree as a lemon...
lovelyOrchard
Cedar garden beds
Any ideas for preventing cedar garden beds from cracking?...
RGBs
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™