What to do with dried roses?

adj2004(Charlotte, NC)September 11, 2005

I have 2 dozen roses that I've dried by hanging upside down, but now I'm at a loss with what to do with them. I've thought of hot-gluing the buds to mat board and framing them in a shadowbox to keep them dust free, but I don't know if that will even work. I don't want them to fall apart and get ruined, since they are from my husband, but they're taking up space (and look pretty sorry) just hanging upside down from a wire hanger! Any ideas?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lmariesteve(z5 OH)

Coat them with Dresden Clear Glaze; let dry thoroughly and put them into the shadowbox.

Bookmark   September 11, 2005 at 11:22PM
quirkpod(7 Lewisville NC)

Or after spray coating them, make a wire swag out of them and hang them over a framed piece of art, a window or a mirror, etc. You may have to embellish it with ribbon or anything else you can think of. I plan to make a hair ornament with some very shortly. I will wrap the stems with floral tape and afix to a hair comb to be worn in front of a bun placed high on my head.

Bookmark   August 5, 2006 at 5:59PM
haziemoon

I have always saved mine, until I had enough to make a wreath. I have a few dried rose and babies breathe wreaths!
I also decorate picture frames with them..Our wedding pic is one I did with flowers he gave me...spray them first
though.

Haziemoon

Bookmark   August 6, 2006 at 4:53AM
More Discussions
Guess what this are
Can you guess what these are? Excuse my language I...
hementia8
planted flower in garden.
today i planted a different types of flower in my garden...
john_31
anyone need any nice used horse shoes?
My husband shoes horses for a living and if you need...
ladybugmama
anyone know how to make plastic spoon roses
hello would like some info on how to make plastic spoon...
zinnia_blooms
help me identify my lemon tree variety
I have recently grafted this citrus tree as a lemon...
lovelyOrchard
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™