Do you sell your leaf castings ?

toomuchglass(5)October 14, 2004

I'm only asking because my friend that owns a stained glass store bought some leaves that were casted by someone .... she has a rhubarb leave and another smaller one ( I don't know what it is ) She did a good job on casting -- but it's plain old cement - no coloring ... and she paid the lady $45 a piece for them -- and is selling them

for $90 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(personally -- my own opinion --- that's wayyy too much . I hope I am not offending anybody )

If you sold yours - what would you price them at ????

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizabug(Zone 5 IL.)

I came here to this site in search of some information on Glycerine Soap, solid and liquid form, and this was the first message listed at the moment so I thought I would respond before moving on....
Im with you on the cost$$$$$ Way to much! I have been making these for a couple of years now and have received so many compliments on my walkway that my sister and I have decided that as of next year we will be selling these leaf castings at our sale. She did a beautifull walkway this year made up of Hosta Leaves and Elephant Ears. And we have about 150-200 leaves that are ready to be painted over the winter monthes. Not all will be painted however as we do know that some folk's do like the plain cement look. We will be priceing our's at about $10.00 to $20.00 as the leaves are in various sizes. The largest being the many varieties of Elephant Ears that we casted. Yes it is alot of hardwork mixing that cement and the process of making them is somewhat time consuming, but the cost to make them is almost nothing. And even if we included our labor in the cost of making these it would come no where near $45.00. Hope this helps! ~Liz~

Bookmark   October 18, 2004 at 11:58PM
nckvilledudes(7a NC)

I have easily sold my fig, brugmansia, clary sage, and hosta leaf castings for anywher from $20 to $45 depending on the size. There is no way I or anyone I know that would pay $90 for cast leaves unless they were absolutely huge and looked like the ones made by Smith and Little.

Bookmark   October 19, 2004 at 12:02PM
clairdo2(3)

what are leaf castings?

Bookmark   December 7, 2004 at 1:20PM
GardenChicken(AB3b)

clairdo2, hop on over to the Hypertufa forum and search for 'leaf casting', you'll be lead to several links that have photos in them.
Seeing them is the best way to get an appreciation of these marvelous creations!

-GardenChicken

Bookmark   December 11, 2004 at 11:42PM
More Discussions
anyone know how to make plastic spoon roses
hello would like some info on how to make plastic spoon...
zinnia_blooms
preserving large amaryllis flowers,=how?
Where can I learn to preserve not press large amaryllis...
amaryllisstudygroup
green house in winter?
Hi all, im a newcomer to the greenhouse community and...
rookiegrow
planted flower in garden.
today i planted a different types of flower in my garden...
john_31
help me identify my lemon tree variety
I have recently grafted this citrus tree as a lemon...
lovelyOrchard
Sponsored Products
Peony Tiffany Bedroom Table Lamps Home Lighting
ParrotUncle
Kendrick Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Home Decorators Area Rug: Scrolls Black 2' 6" x 4' 6"
$89.99 | Home Depot
Homelegance Avelar 2 Drawer TV Chest in Cherry
Beyond Stores
Delphi 8" High Bronze Ribbed Acrylic Outdoor Wall Light
Euro Style Lighting