baking material for primitive look

jeepbttrfly(zone 5/6 PA)November 21, 2003

Hello all!

I have been searching and searching for a way to make some of these primitive creations that are out there. And I have noticed that a lot of crafters are "baking" them with cinnamon rubs in the oven. I can't find these recipes anywhere. Is there any readers out there that has a good recipe I can follow? All I think about is placing a cloth star in the oven under the broiler and having it come out looking like burnt garlic bread. :o)

Thanks so much!

Lonna

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
chinacat_sunflower(7)

possibly good old fashioned white bread- I've seen women making little roses out of wonderbread mushed into dough, then painted with white glue...

could be salt-dough, which is what we used to use in kindergarten...1 part salt to 3 parts flour, warm water a little at a time to activate the gluten in the wheat...

those are my two ideas.

Bookmark   December 9, 2003 at 3:21PM
cindylu(8)

Are you talking about the cinnamon ornaments? If so, 1 cup of applesauce and 1 cup of cinnamon mixed well together, then kneaded and rolled and cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 150 - 200 degrees, for an hour, I think. Oh, punch holes with a toothpick so you can hang with a ribbon. They're cute, and smell great. Hope this helps. Cindy

Bookmark   December 12, 2003 at 10:09AM
creativemom

I have seen several differnt methods...ask over at PrimMart Forums...it is all about Primative Crafts...

I know tea or coffe stained, then rubbed cinnamon in then baked at a low temp....

Here is a link that might be useful: Prim Mart Forums

Bookmark   January 12, 2004 at 3:19PM
More Discussions
Guess what this are
Can you guess what these are? Excuse my language I...
hementia8
help me identify my lemon tree variety
I have recently grafted this citrus tree as a lemon...
lovelyOrchard
preserving large amaryllis flowers,=how?
Where can I learn to preserve not press large amaryllis...
amaryllisstudygroup
4in Plastic Seed Pot Ideas?
Hi there! Earlier today I went and picked up 4(!!!)...
juliemaye
planted flower in garden.
today i planted a different types of flower in my garden...
john_31
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™