Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
raised beds this year

Posted by ireneisoutside z6 ca.sierras (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 10, 04 at 20:14

need to have raised beds for my sanity this year...looking for the most economical and attractive ideas, LEGER BOARDS was mentioned in another forum but I cant find what it is. must be durable. Harsh winters 2 boys 3 dogs 1 husband who likes to be involved. thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: raised beds this year

ledger board
n.
The top railing of a fence or balustrade.
A narrow horizontal board attached to a row of studs to support the ends of floor or ceiling joists. Also called ribbon.

o
RE: raised beds this year

If you can get them, and don't mind the informal look, try using untreated logs, and let them slowly decay as part of the garden.

You might also consider trough gardening with enough room under them to park a stool so you can sit and potter... I find them great for succulents and sempervivums, and for small, precious alpines.

For regular gardening, just make the rows wide enough for hitching along if your mobility is compromised. I know of two people, both amputees, who garden in this way. Old pants, obviously.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here