Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Extend-a-Hand Gardening System

Posted by Joyce58 Zone 5 NY (My Page) on
Sun, Mar 23, 03 at 11:55

I recently picked up an old issue of Birds & Blooms (Oct-Nov 2002) and saw an article for Extend-a-Hand Gardening System. Has anyone used this and do you have a recommendation? My hands and wrists sure could use a break!
Thanks!
Joyce

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Extend-a-Hand Gardening System

my hands and wrists have been through carpal tunnel [2 surgical releases], rsi, osteoarthritis, and currently compressed ulnar nerves! but i won't give up gardening! [problems were caused by computers]. my favorite digging tools are the 'peta' easy grip [and great cuffs]- they have 'long/extended' models as well as the shorter. my favorite pruners/loppers/shears are fiskar powergear/softgrip/softtouch tools - they do most of the 'work' [up to 50%]; as well as their line of rakes and shovels. earth bud-eze has a great pruning saw and shrub rake. oxo's come out with a great 'plow'. make sure you stretch and exercise your hands and wrists before you garden and take breaks often.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here