Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Do Grow lights really work?

Posted by sophia2change none (My Page) on
Wed, Mar 14, 12 at 21:49

My friends told me to try some LED Grow lights. Does it really work?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Do Grow lights really work?

When something new like this shows up and you want to know if it really works, check out the hash grower sites. They can afford to check out all the new stuff.

o

I'm not trying to be funny, but how do you think the marijuana growers succeed in growing their plants indoors? Yes, grow lights work, and you would want to make sure that you have the full spectrum kind.

Nancy

o

Also keep in mind that you need powerfull lights and distance matters.

Here is a link that might be useful: Distance chart

o

They do seem to work but with mixed results based on spectrum and available lumens. An indoor light is much less powerful than the sun.

Though from my research the cheaper ones don't provide such great results, but it will depend on what you want to grow with them.

o

I'm interested in keeping my Myers lemon tree alive during the winter months and am looking for a grow light.

I was warned not to buy used because the bulbs only last so long.

You can try a hydroponic site and see what they have to offer.

o

I don't think so. I haven't known that yet.

o

In my opinion, sunlight is the best, natural and Eco friendly light. I am not saying bad about those of LED lights, but it is my personal opinion.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here