Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
catherinet11

Anyone else have this problem with leaning over?

catherinet
11 years ago

I doubt anyone else has this. Maybe I'm just wanting to whine.
I have long legs and a short torso.....maybe that's the problem. But whenever I lean over to do anything, I have irregular heartbeats for a few weeks. It drives me crazy. I haven't decided if I might have a sliding hiatal hernia, or if acid irritates my esophogus when I lean over (the vagus nerve runs along the esophagus and to the heart).
Even though the irregular beats are harmless, they're very disconcerting and I wish I didn't have them. Maybe raised beds is the answer, but still......there's alot of work to do at ground level. and the ground keeps getting further and further down! lol!
I've tried sitting on a stool to work on things at ground level, but just the pressure of leaning over can bring on several weeks of irregular heartbeats.
I'm thinking I should have big trenches dug in my garden, in between the rows of veggies.........and I would stand down in the trench and work........sort of the opposite of raised beds. haha
Anyhow.........I always love it when I can find tools that reach down for me and do that work......but for the most part, I have to lean over.......and then suffer.
Anyone else have this weird problem?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
WhislerHome Improvement
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Committed Home Improvement Professionals