Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Really substantial reacher tool?

Posted by catherinet 5 (My Page) on
Wed, Apr 17, 13 at 12:35

I've bought several kinds of reacher tools, and when I use them outside for various things, they don't last long at all. Anyone have a brand that is really strong?
Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Really substantial reacher tool?

I love my ARS long reach snip and hold pruners. I just bought the longest extendable one that they sale. I think it goes from 6-10 feet. They're all really worth the investment. I also LOVE my Fiskar's Pruning Stik. I have the 5' and their longer one too. Fiskar's comes with a Lifetime warranty! The 5' is my favorite tool! After about 8 years, I wore my first Fiskar's Pruning Stik out. The Home Depot gave me a new one!

Here is a link that might be useful: Fiskar's/accesstothegarden

o

One of the commercial grade reachers from Gemplers may work better than most.

Here is a link that might be useful: Gemplers

o

Thank you both for your suggestions!

o

Haha.......I just realized that just one person gave 2 answers. Sorry for referring to you as 2 people, AccesstotheGarden!

o

Have a search on the internet for terms like garden reacher tool and stuff like that, you should, hopefully, get the best tool available from those results.

This post was edited by AlanCray on Thu, May 16, 13 at 6:38

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here