Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
clarksmc

garden cart

clarksmc
20 years ago

I have looked everywhere to find a large green plastic garden cart. It has 4 wheels and is about 4 feet long and about 2 feet wide. In the past I have seen people with these, but I am unable to find anyplace to buy one. Can anyone help? I found a small photo of one and can email it to anyone who thinks they might know where one can be bought.

Thanks

M. Clark

Comments (15)

• marie99
    20 years ago

I bought a metal one similar at Wal-mart yesterday for $55. The sides can be folded down so I can sit on the cart.
    I think you are talking about the Ames garden carts. You should be able to buy them on the web.

• Betty_Ruth
    20 years ago

Hi! Last year I bought an Ames Lawn Buddy for about $22 on sale at Target. It is low, but still better than sitting on the ground. I have knee problems and it was a really good investment. This week I saw a similar cart by Ames for around $25 . Since I have been to Sutherlands ( maybe a local store only) , KMart and Home Depot this week , I can't remember which store. Home Depot has a plastic wheelbarrow ( but can't be sat on)for about $35. Hope this helps. Betty Ruth

• pat_w
    20 years ago

I just purchased a cart exactly as you have described at K-Mart for $38.

• cburg
    20 years ago

i just saw one advertised at lowe's for $29.94

Here is a link that might be useful: lowe's

• clarksmc
    Original Author
    20 years ago

Thanks for the responses.

I talked to Ames and they don't have a large plaster 4 wheel garden cart. I also talked to Walmart and they said they don't have it either.

If anyone has any other suggestions, I would appreciate it. I can send a small picture of the cart to anyone who requests it and provides their email address.

M. Clark
    clarksmc@hotmail.com

• wwmorgan
    19 years ago

try tractor supply..tsc#3599692...$98.82 here in nc

Here is a link that might be useful: tractor supply

• clarksmc
    Original Author
    19 years ago

To the response from wwmorgan.
    Thank you so much! I was planning to go today to buy another big metal garden cart from home depot (they are sure to rust out)when I got your email. Perfect timing. I need it for a fishing trip to the Texas coast next week. I found a local dealer that has one in stock and will hold it for me until I get there after work today. Thanks again!

• Nancy in Mich
    19 years ago

Hi M Clark,
    I bet this is too late, but this is the cart I got last year. It is nice that the back wall of the wagon lifts out so one may unload easily. I also like the cubbyholes, places for tools in the side walls, etc. I use it to sit on and I use it to set things on so they are high enough for me to work with them. When folded flat, the handle provides a decent seat.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ames Planter's Wagon

• ezdoesitcart
    18 years ago

If you will go to www.ezdoesitcart.com You will see the one and only cart you will ever need to purchase. It is the last word in a garden cart. It is really 8 carts in 1. You will not believe the versatility!

Here is a link that might be useful: EZ Does It Cart

• susanswoods
    18 years ago

Go take a look at this link. I just got my Smart Cart and absolutely love it. I used to have one of the wooden Vermont garden carts but my ex-husband got to keep it. I needed something weatherproof this time and the Smart Cart is much lighter weight.

Here is a link that might be useful: Smart Cart

• susanswoods
    18 years ago

Here's one that looks very much like the Smart Cart but is a good bit less expensive.

Here is a link that might be useful: A similar cart

• Wild_About_Flowers
    18 years ago

I hurt my back if I bend over for too long, like when I'm deadheading flowers or pulling weeds. Can anyone recommend a good garden seat with wheels?

• ingardener
    18 years ago

Does anyone have experience with the EZ Haul jumbo garden cart? It's quite epensive (around $300 delivered) but seems made of quality materials. Cheaper, however, than the Mullers Smart Cart ("Smart Cart"), etc. I want something with a plastic pan that is built to last.

• Roolight
    18 years ago

The Garden Hopper by "2 Step" is the ideal gardening seat. It's basically a 7" tall seat with wheels. It also includes a built in handle for lightweight handling and room to store gardening tools. For only $25.00 it makes bending over to garden a thing of the past.

Here is a link that might be useful: www.step2.com

• springfels
    15 years ago

Yes, you are looking at a smart cart wheelbarrow. The other garden cart pointed to above weighs more than double the smartcart. You can compare them all in a side by side chart below. Smart carts allow 2 types of wheels and the one pictures in this cart is the smaller puncture proof wheel. I bought mine with the large spoked wheels, and in the end I wish I had the easier tires that never go flat. That said, ergonomically, the spoked wheels are the easiest.

Here is a link that might be useful: compare the wheelbarrows side by side here

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living