Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mdeleon_gw

Thinking about a raised bed on slope. Need ideas/help.

mdeleon
14 years ago

He everyone, we tried some simple perennial gardening along a slope (used to be strip of grass) along the walkway of our steps that lead up to our doorway. Because we only have about 3 inches of topsoil and them lovely builders concrete, rubble or whatever, I was thinking about doing raised beds that terraced up the slope. Here are some pictures that may help. It starts from the bottom of the slope and goes up to the top. The last image is rough dimensions.

Something a bit like this: {{gwi:336441}}

I was thinking that the best way would be to do a good rot resistant wood. I have heard of cedar and redwood being used. I'm not good at 'design' or 'style' so I'm not sure what styles, if any, are available to make it look nice in this situation. I hope someone can help in that department. I have also heard of stone but that may be too bulky as the width is only 2 to 2.5' across!

I'm NOT good at carpentry etc so I'd be hiring someone to help me out with this! I just want to do the fun part of planting and maintaining the garden!

Any ideas and help would be great!

1st shot is view of the side of the house so you can see if wood would look good here with this retaining wall...

{{gwi:336443}}

{{gwi:336445}}

{{gwi:336459}}

{{gwi:336461}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Gallery of Photos

Comment (1)