Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
arianne377

lawn carts

Arianne377
20 years ago

Hi everyone, it has been ages since I posted here. I have a slight problem I thought someone here might be able to assist me with.

I garden on 1/4 acres and mulch at the rate of 60-70 - 3 cubic feet bags each spring. I am 64 now and have a bad hip, spine, and some days my hands don't want to work.

I have used a little cart that I can drag the mulch bag onto and then wheel it to where I want to spread. Because of all the rain here, the mulch is wet and VERY heavy. I use more energy trying to get it out of the bags than I do spreading it.

I was looking at those lawn carts that have the big bicycle wheels. One, on the Gardener's Supply site can tip to the ground, while the wheels stay upright so that I could just push my mulch bag into it and manuver that around maybe better?

My little cart is difficult to push or pull uphill into my back gardens. I am simply looking for something that will assist me with my task. If anyone uses one of these big wheeled carts, how do you like it? Is it really easy to push or pull? The one on Gardener's Supply is $149.00. Is that a good price? I have seen some more expensive, and some cheaper but without the large wheels.

I am not going to quit doing that which I love, I just need a little assistance.

thank you

Arianne

Comments (4)