Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
georgeiii_gw

Are you disabled

georgeiii
17 years ago

Well I got plans to help you help yourself. No need to dig holes or pull weeds. Everything is completly movable, rasiable to any height and is light weight. Email me and I'll send you simple plans to make a simple 2 liter pod out of soda bottles that you can grow any vegetable in right now and still have time for a bumber harvest. It will even work with flowers. There's no charge, all I ask is that you describe this as THE DARK GARDEN METHOD FOR THE HANDICAPPED

{{gwi:50431}}

{{gwi:336821}}

Comments (14)

• username_5
    17 years ago

folks, this poster has been modded in the container gardening forum. His pitch involves getting you to buy his method on ebay. He refused to share the details on the forum.

He is now posting the same thing to multiple forums inviting folks to email him for a 'free offer'. I believe this is to get around this site's policy of not allowing in forum advertising.

I have reported his continued abuse of the TOS and GW members.

George, you are welcome to post your 'offer' in this forum just like everyone else posts their information and techniques here. Of course we both know you won't 'offer' anything anyone can use without first collecting some cash.

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Haahaaaa I already sent them an email asking if my giving away the information about creating your own pods at home was against the rules. I don't need your approval. I went to the top man. This is an offer to the weakest among us. If you can hobble down or steer your wheelchair down the street on recycle day. I can help you return to gardening, INTENSE AS YOU WANT IT TO BE GARDENING. In as little as a half hour. A half hour. Complete..... instructions...... with...... pictures. ( There's some above) For free. All you have to do is just refer to it as THE DARK GARDEN METHOD. You won't have to hear from me again. Haahaaaa make as many as you want. Next year I'm going to offer the Potato's-In-A-Bucket method. That's right grow your own potato' in 3 & 4 gallon buckets. What's good about that is once the vines dry you cut them off and leave the potato's in the media for storage till you need them. That will be free too.

• username_5
    17 years ago

Yes, of course it's free George, that's what you had to tell the mods to not get banned for your ebay sales attempt on the container forum.

Of course anyone with a brain can understand that if they have to enter into a private email corespondance with you to learn your method rather than your just post it in the forum like everyone else does something is fishy.

Don't worry George, I have been in communication with the mods as have others. Go ahead and do your email thing all you like. Don't be surprised if you find yourself emailing a mod.

You are a low life, slime bag, ebay scam artist and nothing more. Your attempt to take advantage of people is sickening.

• username_5
    17 years ago

-- Haahaaaa I already sent them an email asking if my giving away the information about creating your own pods at home was against the rules. --

Sounds great, george. I look forward to all your plans and instructions to be posted IN THIS FORUM.

You have nothing to lose by posting in forum... except revenue which you claim you aren't seeking (even though you got modded for seeking it in the container garden forum).

So, post away with your methods and plans.

You *WON'T* do it.

Go ahead and prove me wrong.

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Now your lying username5 and I still won't report you. Haahaahaaa again this just too funny. Please follow me. Report me for giving an "IDEA" away that would (in his words)revolutionize gardening. I'm sorry I have no such ambitions. I'm looking to help those who are disabled. Tell me folks is there a gardener in you that your body won't let out. Do you get winded easily, had a stroke or accident that left you unable to lift that pick, swing that hoe or even push a shovel. With the pod method there's none of the things that will keep you from gardening. There's no bending over, no heavy lifting and everything you buy from your favorite gardening center. There's nothing to buy from me.
    Now to make it feel better I promise you and everyone in the whole wide world I wonÂt ask for anything. I wonÂt even ask for your opinion...but please email for the design. Begin a healing process in your own garden built with your own hands from begining to finish. I bet you that five mintues after you make your first one you'll smile at how easy it was. You too username 5 this offer is for the mentally ill too.

• username_5
    17 years ago

so.... when are you going to post your free plans in a public forum so you can help the disabled and feed the world's poor from a 2 liter bottle?

• madmouser
    17 years ago

George, your idea may be good but your manners are terrible. You hijack every thread in here and in container gardening and make it about you. It's like being at a gathering and some jerk keeps running around and interupting every conversation and forces you to listen to what he wants to say.
    If your idea is good, you don't have to pound people over the head with it. Make one post about it, give a website link that explains it and then shut up!

• georgeiii
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Haahaaahah the offer still stands.

• soil_lover
    17 years ago

http://info.sen.ca.gov/pub/bill/asm/ab_2251-2300/ab_2289_cfa_20060628_161917_sen_comm.html

The crates that soda bottles come in are not for sale! Soda bottle distributors want these back. If you are taking them---thats theft. I dont think theft is something you want
    to promote georgeiii. You sure do have a lot of them.

• dangsr2
    17 years ago

Well about 6 weeks ago I first read Georgeiii information on growing in the pop bottles and it gave me an idea to grow plants simular to his method but in a different kind of container, and I started a tomato sucker right off the plant the 1st week of June in my type of pot, and July 3rd I took it out to check its progres and found a large mass of roots, so I planted it in a different and much larger pot like 5 gal. with the same kind of water system as the smaller starter pot. It is out in this 95 degree temp. we are having. tomorrow I plan to check the soil for moisture as I have not checked it for water since July 3rd, and I planted another sucker in the starter pot and havent watered it I will try to let you all know how they progress..

• dangsr2
    17 years ago

Well I checked the plant I spoke of yesterday and found the soil moist and the tomato plant has doubled in the last 10 days out in that 95 degree sunshine. I think I have something that will help us handicaped gardeners enjoy our darden with a lot less work. Ill keep you informed on my progress later.

• snycal
    17 years ago

Yes we have alternatives to georgeiiis scam!

• dangsr2
    17 years ago

Well I said I would keep you posted on the progress of the 2 little tomato suckers I planted. The older one is 5 feet tall and has nice crop of tomatos, some almost ready to ripen and is now useing 1 gal. of water every other day. the younger sucker is about 18 inches tall real bushy and full of blooms and useing 1 half gal. of water every other day. Illtry to keep you posted later.

• valentinetbear
    17 years ago

The "kids" are asleep, and so I was doing some more research. Don't know if you're conning or not, Georgeiii, but this disabled person sees a big flaw in your idea! We aren't in wheelchairs, but we aren't very strong anymore either. (Just to catch you up a bit on info about disabled folks -- more often then not, disabled people aren't in wheelchairs, and, looking at them, you wouldn't know they were disabled. The disability, whether in or out of a wheelchair, is often strength stealing, pain related, and/or is just what the word implies -- an inability to do one or more things able-bodied people can do. If you're going to try to sell us something, you might want to try living your life, just for one day, from our viewpoint, which, because of the number of reasons already stated, is often about two feet lower then what you're doing in that picture above. Just a little business advice, from someone who used to be successfully self-employed.) I can't lean over or stay up straight for over an hour, and neither of us can do anymore then 3 hours of work per day, including shopping, housework and physical hobbies, like gardening. (We also are reduced to taking 1-3 days completely off per week, because of needing to do physical work, which causes extra pain. Of course, I try not to complain about extended "vacation time." LOL) Looking at your picture, I don't see how someone in a wheelchair could make that structure, and I can guarantee we are too weak to do it, too! (We meaning hubby and me, nothing to do with the stuffed animals now.) How are disabled people able to make such a big structure? Sorta kills the whole concept of "dis"abled there. Much easier to pluck an occasional weed out of a container, or deadhead for a few minutes each day, then to create such a huge piece of construction.

As for getting the carrying cases for the Pepsi bottles, I was rather hoping contacting Pepsi would convince them to let me buy some from them, or, if need be, buy old beat up wine racks and place them on their sides, sticking the 2 liter bottles in each shelf, instead. With my web sites for children, obviously, I have no intension of stealing.

Still, whether this is a con or not, if you check over in the container gardening forum with his post there, he includes pictures that does start to give enough info to imagine the project without buying anything. Might be a pared down version, but, it does look doable, even for the two of us diabled folks.

And Dangsr2, would love to see a picture of your container too. I didn't ever consider making more tomato plants from suckers! Doh! Thanks for the idea, and, hopefully, yours is doable for us.