Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eibren

Two Gun Pete

eibren
18 years ago

is who I feel like now, since I now have two canes instead of one!

I have a walker for longer excursions into stores without shopping carts, and I had one cane for other trips, but the single cane was not enough and was hurting my hand, so I went out today to get a matching one for my other hand.

Instead, I ended up getting two extremely light, adjustable canes at Rite Aide drugstore. They have cushioned hand grips and are attractively colored. Now I feel like Two Gun Pete! I had no idea how much my balance would be improved.

I have been almost completely blocked from gardening behind my house this year due to my bad hip, but I think I can get back there now, with two canes.

It is almost as good as using a walker, but much more maneuverable over varied terrain.

For gardening, I think I will keep looking for another cane like my old one, as it is tougher and more washable than the new ones, which I will save for outings.

Now all I have to do is think of how to pull my garden cart--may have to wear some sort of tow belt....(I will still need to sit down frequently, and will need to tow my stool around with me as well).

Do any of you use two canes, and if so how do you carry things around with you?

Comments (5)