Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Watering

Posted by Lonicera13 none (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 8:22

Hi, Everyone,

My Mom needs to be careful with her neck, back and knees due to arthritis. I could use some ideas/advice on watering. She lives in a house on a slope, and she worries about how to keep the foundation watered to avoid cracks. She also has some beds. She's been using a system of soaker hoses for the foundation and sprinklers for the beds, but it seems like the soaker hoses always get clogged/stop working, and the sprinklers also seem to break after about a season. What works best for you? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Watering

Best I can advise is to look into getting plants that need a lot less water. It's a pretty tough situation.

o

She lives in a house on a slope, and she worries about how to keep the foundation watered to avoid cracks.

==>>> i dont know what this means???

what kind of foundation ...

where is she??

ken

o

• Posted by morz8 Z8 Wa coast (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 17, 14 at 13:16

Ken, I see no one ever answered you but it's not an uncommon problem in areas of clay and drought. Moisture need to be provided around homes foundations to prevent damage...

Here is a link that might be useful: i.e. here

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here