Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help me find this plastic garden cart/wheelbarrow

Posted by florascapes z5 MA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 16, 03 at 15:46

I've just checked through numerous catalogs, websites and various forums and I'm still stumped.

A friend has this great flat ended (in the front)small wheelbarrow/cart. It sounds like some others I've seen but this one doesn't have huge tires (reg. or bicycyle). It fits in the back of her Subaru Legacy wagon like the one I just bought. Her mom bought it for her at the Christmas Tree shop or someplace like that for about $30. (I can afford to pay up to about $60). It carries about the same amount as a regular wheelbarrow but is much lower to the ground. I need the same thing. Can anyone suggest where I might find one? I've tried lots of hardware stores, specialty garden centers, A.M. Leonard, and Gardener's Supply catalogs just to name a few. Any help you can offer would be appreciated. Barbara

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help me find this plastic garden cart/wheelbarrow

I found one at Home Depot, it is made by Scotts, plastic looks like a wheel barrel, but lower to the ground. The handle is adjustable and there is a brake that you can use to prvent it from rolling away. it cost $39.It is made for gardening and the name on it is Garden Pal or Buddy, I can look and get the model number for you. Just let me know if you need more information.
Diana

o
RE: Help me find this plastic garden cart/wheelbarrow

Thanks Diana,
I looked at that one at Home Depot and still found it too big to fit in my car. But they had a dark green boxier looking wagon that I chose instead and seems to be just the ticket. Thanks, Barbara

o
are you talking about the smartcart wheelbarrow?

it is probably more expensive than what you were talking about above, but there is this wheelbarrow that has a lower front called a "smartcart" or maybe it is "smart cart".

Here is a link that might be useful: wheelbarrow

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Accessible Gardening Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here