Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laceyo3

need help identifying a plant name

laceyo3
20 years ago

the plant I am trying to find out what it's name is is a purple and green mix foalige plant and is sorta like a wandering jew but has boat shaped leaves that are about 3 to 6 incheslong narrow with one single bloom in the center where the two thick boat shaped leaves split from the stem. I have heard it called show boat and I know there is a biblical name for this plant I was told this but not sure of this either .....

its leaves looked folded , like you would fold a piece of paper to form a boat shape to hold water in it ... and the pinkish flower is tiny and has a few petals with a bright yellow center . there is two varieties of this plant the purple and the solid green. they are tubulars stemed I can't find this plant any where in the books . it spreads fast and grows well down south .is makes a person thing of the wondering jew plant they both have the same type stemming but the plant I am speaking of has thicker stems . they are about 1 to 2 feet tall... and close to the ground and stick upwards . very pretty when you have a good ground cover of them and they are blooming

I have probably confused everyone with this baballing /???? Pat

thanks in advance